You down with O-P-M?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I’ve been saying it for months. He’s not a Republican. He’s not a conservative. He’s not religious. He’s a bigot, a bully, a thin skinned blustering blowhard, a preening ignoramus, a narcissist of comical proportions, and beset by (willful) ethical lapses that would make a carnival barker blush. The best that can be said about him is that’s he’s a world class self-promoter and con artist.

Yet even for Trump, this is pretty remarkable for the depths of its tone deafness and utter inappropriateness. Other People’s Money: That’s pretty much in a nutshell what led to the crash and why we need better regulatory oversight. What a douche.

From Politico:

Donald Trump, in hot water over a report that his charity used donations to cover business-related legal fees, told a campaign rally crowd on Tuesday that “there’s nothing like doing things with other people’s money.”

The comment about “other people’s money” came during a campaign rally in North Carolina, where Trump pledged to keep refugees from the Middle East out of the U.S. and instead put them in “safe zones” that would be built with money from Gulf nations. It is a financial maneuver the real estate mogul said he has performed many times throughout his career.

“It’s called OPM. I do that all the time in business. It’s called other people’s money. There’s nothing like doing things with other people’s money,” Trump said. “Because it takes, the risk, you get a good chunk of it and it takes the risk. We’re going to do this, in this case, from a humanitarian standpoint. OPM: other people’s money.”
    Under a Trump administration, the Gulf states would not be the only foreign countries on the hook to pay for the Manhattan billionaire’s proposals. From the very beginning of his campaign, Trump has pledged to build a wall along America’s southern border and force Mexico to pay for it. During Trump’s visit to Mexico last month, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto said his nation would not pay for the wall. Trump said the subject of who would pay was not discussed during their meeting.
    The former reality TV star made his promise to use “other people’s money” on the same day The Washington Post published a story accusing Trump of spending $258,000 from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits involving his other businesses.

He’s not going to win, but shame on (some) for supporting such a dangerous buffoon in defiance of all fact, reason, logic, or common sense. Yes, he’s fucking deplorable. Hill got that right, too.

It’s ridiculous to condemn the concept of OPM.

Anyone who doesn’t buy a house with cash is using OPM.

People who have surplus funds will put them at risk in return for a possible gain.

OPM is simply the marketplace at work. There is nothing immoral about it.

And I along with millions of others in the basket will happily vote for Trump over Hillary. He happens to be the more moral and religious of the two.

And I think he would be smart enough to know a classified document when he saw one and wouldn’t endanger national secrets so he could protect his own secrets. Trump has his defects but is a choir boy next to Hillary.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

November can’t come fast enough. I look forward to Madame President.

duxrule
    Participant

“He happens to be the more moral and religious of the two.”

You need to provide some factual basis for this claim. I’m not seeing it in any way, shape or form.

duxrule
    Participant

Then there’s this:

null

duxrule
    Participant

The silence is deafening.

bookemdono
    Participant

He happens to be the more moral and religious of the two.

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Dumb fucks can only lie or deflect or otherwise obfuscate. The facts are not on their side.

Trump is the more moral! Right. Sure he is. Never mind the mountain of real, actual, fact-based evidence, as opposed to the insane fever dream, conspiracy theorizing bullshit that is thrown at his opponent, that shows Trump is a complete fucking douche. He’s never done a thing for anyone other than himself; often at the very real expense of others.

Fact based examples are legion. Not that his dipshit followers care.

paulwalker
    Participant

Unfortunately Trump is not answering questions about this issue today. That combined with his lack of income tax records brings up yet another red flag, one of about two dozen.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

You’re selling him short. He’s closer to fifty + at this point.

duxrule
    Participant

Still waiting for a response on the “morality” of TD and his wife, Bacon.

What does his wife have to do with it? I think we could have some very interesting photos of Hillary’s husband too.

Just about anyone is more moral that Hillary Clinton. She’s not a statesman. She’s in this for money and power. Running for president is a huge inconvenience for Trump and his family, but they’re willing to make the sacrifice for the sake of our country.

But the bottom line for me is that Hillary will appoint judges who support the most unjust law of our land. Regardless of Trump’s flaws, he’s promised to appoint judges who will oppose this moral outrage.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“She’s in this for money and power.”

Her track record fighting for regular people pretty much makes your claim idiotic. Not even close.

On the other hand, you would be hard pressed to show us that drumpf is in the race for any other reason other than money and power. He has no track record that shows he has ever reached out to help anyone if it wasn’t part of a quid pro quo arrangement. In fact, he has executed many easily documented plans that are in direct support of his desire for wealth and power.

Only a knuckledragging douche wad would try and paint Hillary Clinton as having such an agenda. The right wing fantasy machine has not only influenced your already perverted thought processes but also stripped you of any subconscious level of right and wrong.

Your posts do not change the fact. drumpf’s chances of winning were never very good and in the last week they have returned to a negative slope. Each day his c.o.w. has fallen a percentage point or two. It was 30% but has fallen to 26%.

Nothing is going to change the facts that he never really had a chance of winning, was never leading in an electoral analysis and when election day comes around, you are going to be eating a steaming hot plate of crow.

Wait. One more thing. The Senate toss up races are now tracking drumpf’s decline and it looks bad for the losing party of Republicans in North Carolina where Burr has opened up a sizeable lead, in Illinois where Duckworth is leading, Bayh leads in Indiana and Blunt is slipping in Missouri. Two of the other races are in essence tied. It will be a close finish but the next month might provide some clarification. Yes, clarification of the failing Republican Party as it meets its end in 2016. You and the other knuckledragger around here, dorque, will soon be attending R.A. meetings. Republicans Anonymous. ‘Hi my name is Bacon and I’m a Republican.’ ‘Hi, Bacon.’ ‘Yes, I’d like to share my story of descent into knuckledraggership. It all began when I turned 15 and realized I had insufficient brains to compete with the other average students.’

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

But…but..abortion!

Fuck-off.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.