“You Can Fool Some of the People All of the Time!”

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things “You Can Fool Some of the People All of the Time!”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

It’s so simple, I’m surprised I hadn’t thought of it before: This has to be the Republican Party plan going forward. It’s right up there with the sign in “Animal Farm” that was changed to read, “…but some animals are more equal than others.”! What would Abraham Lincoln say?

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Washington DC politics are totally out of control. Both parties are dangerous right now, the GOP being the worst of the two.

This nonsense is very harmful for the future of the country at a time when our main adversies are getting bolder and more ambitious.

Chico
    Participant

I was originally going to react to the “both sides” comment as that comment is usually used in bad faith. But given the fact that you generally don’t argue in bad faith, I am willing to hear you out, Deane. What exactly, using facts and not talking points, are the Democrats doing nationally that is “dangerous.”

Andrew
    Participant

I think many members of the Democratic party are naive and still in denial about what the 2020 election results really meant. Going forward, they are simply ignoring terrible problems that could lead to the Republicans re-taking Congress in 2022 and the White House in 2024. But I don’t see how they are “dangerous.”

semoochie
    Participant

You can’t accuse the democrats of trying to encourage its members to overthrow the government, based on nonexistent fraud! This nonexistent fraud is also the republicans excuse for new voting laws that make it extremely difficult, if not impossible for large groups of people who are likely to vote democratic, to vote at all! This is clearly unconstitutional! Four years ago, I thought Trump was the only real problem but he’s just the “hired gun”. Republicans in power are the problem and they are not conservative! They prey on conservatives but don’t believe any of their views or the many conspiracy theories that they spew ad nauseum! They hate democracy and have made multiple attempts to get rid of it! Don’t let them!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by semoochie.
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

You guys may not consider the massive and costly social programs that Biden is proposing as being dangerous. I do.

Once they are implemented and the dependency group is created, it’s here forever.

semoochie
    Participant

Are you putting the cost of social programs on the same plane as an entire group trying to destroy democracy because I can tell you right now that once it’s gone, it’s the end of the free world! Evil will prevail!

Andy Brown
    Participant

What “massive” program(s) are you referring to? Without specifics it’s just a typical and well worn talking point.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m sorry. That should have been a question mark.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Reducing poverty is not necessarily creating dependency. Studies show it actually increases employment.

Chico
    Participant

Deane- Fair to say you are against Social Security and Medicare, correct? Because the baby steps that the current administration is proposing are tiny in comparison to those massive “dependency” programs.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

“When the program started in February 2019, 28% of the people slated to get the free money had full-time jobs. One year later, 40% of those people had full-time jobs. A control group of people who did not get the money saw a 5 percentage point increase in full-time employment over that same time period.”

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/nation-world/universal-basic-income-experiment/507-768a521c-3f24-497f-b85d-04a81aaf6f97

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.