YES! Creflo Dollar gets his $65M jet!!! Mighty fine day for Christianity, eh?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things YES! Creflo Dollar gets his $65M jet!!! Mighty fine day for Christianity, eh?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    skeptical
    Participant

Looks Rev. Dollar is gonna get his jet after all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-siebold/the-biggest-scam-of-all-p_b_7521170.html

Dollar said, “If I want to believe God for a $65 million plane, you cannot stop me. You cannot stop me from dreaming. I’m gonna dream until Jesus comes.”

Photo of the jet (Gulfstream GS650):

God’s chosen one, the Rev. Creflo Dollar:

skeptical
    Participant

God works in mysterious ways, does he not?

Sorry kid, don’t bother praying, you’re a nobody, no plane for you.

stevethedj
    Participant

IMO- that kids prayer is heard more by GOD, than “Rev”. Dollars prayer anytime. Jesus cleared the moneychangers out of the temple for a reason. On his return I expect they will get the same treatment.

duxrule
    Participant

Meanwhile, “Christians” like Creflo continue to fleece their flocks. :-p

edselehr
    Participant

I find it interesting that modern right-wing evangelical Christianity has taken the concept of “heaven” and drawn it into our current existence. “Why wait for the joys of the afterlife when you can have them TODAY! Look at how I’ve been able to make my life heavenly, and you can too!”

It has the look, taste and smell of a pyramid scheme. Wonder why the government can’t go after these guys for scamming unsuspecting people?

Oh, yea – they have an amendment protecting them.

Amus
    Participant

I can’t think of ANYTHING more of a perversion of the teachings of Jesus Christ than the notion of “Prosperity Theology“.

Broadway
    Participant

Not justifying but this pastor does have vision beyond his jet…sayin
    http://www.worldchangers.org/Ministries.aspx?p=1

missing_kskd
    Participant

Are you fucking kidding me?

Vitalogy
    Participant

No he’s not. How do you think guys like this make their living?? Off people like Broadway.

missing_kskd
    Participant

That makes as much sense as only fucking little boys once in a while, because vision to feed the poor. And abortion. Also.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Sometime the making of the understanding hurts.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Gotta tell ya, Broadway, Mr.Dollar is a scam artist. How you can’t see this, well, is disturbing.

The hard part is, Dollar is doing this openly with no apparent accountability.

I hope he has to answer to this someday.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I tried to find the scenes from “Weeds” where Doug and crew somehow get hold of an RV all setup for religious shows and proceed to save a trailer park. It’s hilarious!

But… no luck. That name space is crowded, so here is a little Ralphie May: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGzQpy3lTxA

Broadway
    Participant

>>Dollar is doing this openly with no apparent accountability.
    All 501c3’s have boards and are accountable to them and the church’s congregation plus his TV audience…so the guy has accountability…but I say that to say this…he is not my cup of tea for helping others/changing lives…most of Christian TV needs reform.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Making this kind of money in a ministry under the auspice of a 501(c)3 is a farce.

A friend of mine was in a Christian Rock band a few years ago and were invited to perform on the TBN network. When they arrived and began to set up on the stage, opulent statues, gold platted hardware and other very expensive props were evident everywhere. It really got my friend thinking about how “honoring” this network was about it’s faith statement.

TV preachers need not reform…they need to disappear.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.