January 25, 2016 at 4:10 pm #17515LurkingGrendelParticipant
For the TLDR crew, (The average Wing Nut) the grammatically challenged (You know who you are; or maybe you don’t?), or the simply too stupid to be believed/this must some perverse form of performance art, (You likely have no idea who you are, but others certainly do), an unwelcome update from the front lines of the social wars awaits you!
* Yes, for the umpteenth time, those ridiculous Planned Parenthood videos purporting to show all manner of wrong doing are fake. Carly was lying about it. Cruz is lying about it. Rubio is lying about it. Trump is lying about it. Fox News is lying about it. The entire GOP has been lying about it. Period.
* After an extensive investigation a Texas grand jury officially cleared the women’s health provider of breaking the law; not really a shock to anyone who bothered to look at the facts of the matter beforehand.
* The anti-abortionist whack jobs that orchestrated the editing of those videos to create a false narrative have now been indicted. Ole’ David & Sandra of the anti-abortion Center for Medical Progress are headed to trial and potentially prison. They’re already the subject of a lawsuit from Planned Parenthood they will categorically lose. But no worry! Tea Party people will fund raise for them to fight the good fight! #FreedomMuricaBenghazi!
* 99% of everything Planned Parenthood does has nothing at all to do with abortion. You’re really just attacking low income women. It’s clearly another sterling WWJD moment.
* Regardless, abortion is legal. And has noted many times, were it not, you wouldn’t stop anyone from having one. You’d simply be making it less safe for everyone involved. Again, your mythical being cavorting amidst the clouds n’ sky cake would probably not approve and might gesture at the glass domicile you reside within.
And now, the rest of the story:
The Harris County, Texas grand jury tasked with investigating Planned Parenthood announced today that it has cleared the women’s health provider of breaking the law. Instead, the grand jury has indicted David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt of the anti-abortion Center for Medical Progress. Last summer, their group released a series of secretly-recorded and deceptively-edited videos purporting to show Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of fetal tissue—which would be illegal. Houston Public Media reports on today’s grand jury indictment:
David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt have been indicted for Tampering with a Governmental Record, which is a felony. Daleidan was also indicted for Prohibition of the Purchase and Sale of Human Organs, meaning he illegally offered to purchase human organs in the video recording. A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
Following the release of CMP’s videos, six states tried to defund Planned Parenthood, eleven states have investigated the women’s health provider (none found evidence of fetal tissue sales), and three congressional committees launched their own inquiries.
The grand jury’s review was extensive and lasted more than two months, noted Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson in a press release. “We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast,” Anderson said in the statement. “As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us. All the evidence uncovered in the course of this investigation was presented to the grand jury. I respect their decision on this difficult case.”
Earlier this month, Planned Parenthood filed a federal lawsuit against Daleiden and other activists that worked with CMP. The lawsuit accuses CMP of racketeering, illegally creating and using fake identification, and illegally recording Planned Parenthood staff.
“These anti-abortion extremists spent three years creating a fake company, creating fake identities, lying, and breaking the law,” said Eric Ferrero, vice president of communications for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, in an emailed statement. “When they couldn’t find any improper or illegal activity, they made it up.”
The last line basically sums up the entirety of the conservative media.January 26, 2016 at 9:13 pm #17571missing_kskdParticipant
Yes it does.
This idea that there somehow exists a rational justification for this garbage is a big worry. These people simply do not recognize their nation, the process or any other aspect of democracy.
They have the same sorts of thinking ISIS does.
And that should concern everyone on a very basic level.January 26, 2016 at 10:42 pm #17579Chris_TaylorParticipant
Read this the other day and was wondering who on this board would pick it up.
Thank you, Lurking.January 27, 2016 at 5:12 pm #17607LurkingGrendelParticipant
Thank you as well, sir.January 27, 2016 at 6:18 pm #17612missing_kskdParticipant
The sound of silence… 🙂 Good stuff LG. Thanks from me as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.