Will KPDQ have The Answer?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    W7PAT
    Participant

Northwest Broadcasters is reporting that Salem Communications is adding six more of their stations, including KLFE in Seattle, to “The Answer” branding. That makes a total number of their stations using that branding to 20.
    Could KPDQ soon be added to that list? We shall see.

Broadway
    Participant

I think the PDX AM is doing well financially for many years and the local Salem reps would not want to change that.

itsvern
    Participant

I listen to SRN talk shows on Kykn. Many conservative talk stations carry Salem shows, like Kpam, Kuik, and Kykn.

Chico
    Participant

If beer and girls are not The Answer, then you are asking the wrong question.

Broadway
    Participant

>>beer and girls
    They’re certainly not the answer to making a profit.

duxrule
    Participant

ORLY? Then why are there so many strip clubs in Portland? The folks at Hooters might also be surprised to hear that. 😉

Broadway
    Participant

ah, excuse me…an honest profit.

Andy Brown
    Participant

It’s no less honest than the swill put forth by evangelizers tithing the flocks for personal gain through proselytizing.

You can’t group all establishment owners into the “dishonest” group any more than you can every preacher. Besides, Jesus ate with the sinners.

You are way out of bounds, again, Broadway.

This so called high morality you’d like to think you lead and would like everyone else to think you lead has you snow blind. Honesty and morality are two different things. Is selling liquor and providing entertainment of a risqué nature dishonest? No. Maybe in your distorted brain it is, but may I point out that you are condemning more than strip clubs when you think that. Do you shop at the grocery? They sell wine and beer there, you know. And they have advertisements all over the store featuring nice looking women showing cleavage. Heavens, no!

Again, you, Broadway, are a hypocrite.

Broadway
    Participant

Andy, you have a nice day now.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I have and I will. Your hypocrisy doesn’t bring me down. It’s an imperfect world.

e_dawg
    Participant

Here’s “the answer” Pray, Pay, and Obey. Like most of the Christian ministry since the foundation of Christ. Again. PAY PRAY & OBEY.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I think it’s a bad branding and imaging idea. It puts a lot of extra pressure on the station to actually “have” the “answers.” Problem is, the station is claiming to have the answer to questions no one is asking.

It’s also presumptuous and a bit arrogant to claim to have the answer to life’s questions. Any true reading of scripture will bring on more questions than answers. Which is where, as I see it, most of us live.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

WITR (licensed to Henrietta, NY) has a gospel music show called “The Answer.” They have broadcast this program for well over 20 (non-consecutive) years.

fieldstrength
    Participant

The Salem re-branding of stations to the “Answer” moniker is for their conservative talk stations. KPDQ is NOT a conservative talk station, it is a Christian talk station. Salem tried their conservative talk format in Portland back around 2006 (remember KTRO?) but it didn’t stick. So, unless they do a full format change on 93.9 or 800 AM, don’t expect a name change.

e_dawg
    Participant

Again the answer to Christ is pay pray and obey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.