Will KDZR 1640 Switch To Radio Disney Country?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Will KDZR 1640 Switch To Radio Disney Country?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access

Radio Disney Country To Launch This Fall

RADIO DISNEY will launch RADIO DISNEY COUNTRY this NOVEMBER to coincide with the 2015 “CMA AWARDS.” The announcement was made TODAY (6/12) at CMA FEST by RADIO DISNEY VP/Programming and GM PHIL GUERINI, who was accompanied by HUNTER HAYES, MADDIE & TAE, and KELSEA BALLERINI. The 24/7 network will feature chart-bound young artists and today’s biggest Country hits including HAYES, BALLERINI, MADDIE & TAE, FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE, THE BAND PERRY, THOMAS RHETT and RAELYNN. Multi-platform offerings will include music videos, in-studio interviews and performances.

“Country music continues to grow in popularity among tweens and teens,” said GUERINI. “As a trusted name in family entertainment, RADIO DISNEY is delighted to introduce a new music outlet dedicated to Country music and expand upon the engaging content we successfully deliver through RADIO DISNEY’s multi-platform network.”

semoochie
    Participant

No. They’re trying to sell it.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Perhaps, Disney will have to settle for an insanely low sales price on KDZR, much like the religious station in Seattle that is selling for $3,000. In both cases, the sale is for the license only. With the Seattle station, there is not even any intellectual property included in the sale; the buyer must agree to change the station call letters after purchase.

Andy Brown
    Participant

The news release is about the network. Chances are KDZR will continue to operate until it’s sold (I’m assuming it’s still on the air). If they carry the network, that’s what will air.

semoochie
    Participant

I thought Disney was adding the network as opposed to changing format on the existing one. The station that sold for $3,ooo lost its lease. I don’t believe that to be the case here. I expect the new owner(assuming there is one)to continue operating from the Mt. Scott site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.