Why DXer 1969?

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Dxer1969
    Participant

Sock puppet? What is that? Hope not an insult. I fell on bad times. Got real sick. Forgot stuff. Even forgot my password. Me? Never been what you think you meant. Been honest to a fault is all. Should not kick a man when he is down, Gouge. And by the way, I do respect you. Especially your yearly postings. And your honesty.

Dxer1969
    Participant

One last thing. Pills and booze. Yes. Admitted. I do it on occasion. Wrong? Yes. Me? Stupid? Yes. But I am kind of different. I am an night owl. I can stay up all night regredless. Have a weird kind of energy, 57 years old or not. So, I do not pass out. I somehow keep going. Like I had to when my wife went blind and I had to work 70 hours. To this day, nothing has changed. I still stay up late. I still do my thing. I lay off the damn pills though. Man! Can they mess u up when u mix booze!

missing_kskd
    Participant

Don’t mix. Please.

One or the other, ideally neither. But, if you must or will, be smart.

Thanks. 🙂 I’m just advocating harm reduction here. I’m a realist and very highly pragmatic. The cost of ignoring harm reduction is high. Now, to be fair, the cost of ignoring the problem is high too. Too high. But, it doesn’t have to be worst case, and where it’s not, and harm reduction is in play, people who need time are more likely to have it, and that’s a net good. Just to be clear.

I want to to have the time to figure it out and get yourself to a better place. Just one human to another man. No judgement.

I’m a late nighter too. Some of my best happens in the middle of the night. Always has been that way.

So, I pay with lack of sleep, from time to time. I’ll save it up, because daytime work, and then spend it every so often, only getting a few hours for a day or two.

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Missing! Well, I gotta admit, I did over indulge over the holidays, but no more. Visited my doctor twice. Gave me new pills. And asked me to lay off the coffee! So, I have been good. No more booze. Just few brewskis now. So, I’m good. Head is in a better place. Thank you, sir. Thanks for being the wise one and taking the time to share your knowledge and wisdom!

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Wait what?

“Sockpuppet” is just stupid proprietary Wikipedia jargon for an alternate user account, usually intended to get around a previous ban. For example, like what “hdradiofarce”, “700WLW”, “iwantmymommie” and the dozens of others that that cuntlord Pocketradio has posted under here and elsewhere (cough Usenet cough) over the years were.

I never directly said that your handle is/was a sockpuppet account, though there was the suspicion that it might have been since there have been so many others on this site over the last 20 years or so especially if they get deactivated suddenly. (You should have seen it eons ago when it was still an open forum! Yes I really have been lurking here that long. I really need to get a life. Jesus fuckin christ.)

EDIT: Would you look at that!
    (http://web.archive.org/web/20030224045433/http://www.pdxradio.com/discus/messages/56/56.html)

skeptical
    Participant

AutumnAngel . . . what happened to her? 🙂

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Also I don’t know if I should post this or bury it. Anyways, while I was digging through the garbage dump of web history I found this, the first proto-motozak thread on f.p.o EVER:

(http://web.archive.org/web/20040426091715/http://www.pdxradio.com/say/messages/5/4001.html?1079472795)

Full disclosure: “Muzak Cowboy” was IIRC either Seth’s or Erich H’s handle that he was going by at the time. It was not the one that notdarth is still known as in certain very limited esoteric circles today, though the two of them were posting forgeries of each other in muzak’s forum at the same time before this point, under that same handle. A long story.

Now that I’ve typed it all out, I really don’t know why I’m posting all this.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane, courtesy of Archive.org.

Things really have changed in 15 years. In one thread, I found one participant berating another for not being professionally employed in radio. This person stated that the Pdxradio board was created for people working in radio, not for those who sighed that they did. Today, there is rampant use of voice tracking and syndicated programming; it seems sadly apropos that this forum is almost a ghost town.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant
    Dxer1969
    Participant

No I didn’t die or anything! I had medical and personal issues for quite some time! The last straw? When the tablet bit the dust! No more chatting! No $ for frills for awhile.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Yeah, that was Erich running that early Muzak thread. The giveaway is he had that weird habit of spelling “a lot” “alought” and his overall tone was similar like that weirdass “Dude111”.

Except unlike “Dude111” Erich didn’t yell like a schizo in every post and didn’t actively seek out Lipton mix that’s 10 years out of date.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Well, I hope you all had a good 4th of July holiday! I will see what happens down the road. My comeback might be a brief one.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.