Why drumpf is going to lose the election

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Why drumpf is going to lose the election

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

There’s an old saying in politics that has been used by both major parties and all the other political factions when election day approaches.

“People vote their wallets.”

Now even if you consider that a myth, most myths are based in reality. Here’s a reality that spells out a lot of doom for Republicans at both the national and local level.

There is no ‘comeback’ or rejoinder for this story. It’s a good news story in reality, but it underscores the weaknesses in much of the GOP platforms (state to state) and I expect drumpf to have no comeback when he claims that the economy is bad blah blah blah.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/26/business/economy/millions-in-us-climb-out-of-poverty-at-long-last.html

People that are just beginning to get some fiscal traction after the decade of Dubya recessions are not going to vote for drumpf. No way in hell.

Back in 1999, Donald Trump had this to say about poor people in America: “How smart can they be? They’re morons.” (source: NY Times 1999)

No, donald, YOU are the moron and the truly sad part of this is that there are tens of millions of knuckledragging morons following your lead. Many of them are poor that haven’t seen any traction financially. They are stupid enough to think that you will focus on their plight.

But the news flash is that there aren’t enough of them to elect drumpf.

Here’s the actual quote in context:

”My entire life, I’ve watched politicians bragging about how poor they are, how they came from nothing, how poor their parents and grandparents were. And I said to myself, if they can stay so poor for so many generations, maybe this isn’t the kind of person we want to be electing to higher office,” Trump told Dowd, adding, “How smart can they be? They’re morons.”

He was referring to disingenuous politicians.

“Many of them are poor that haven’t seen any traction financially. They are stupid enough to think that you will focus on their plight.”

Now this is a real example of calling poor people “stupid.”

Andy Brown
    Participant

“He was referring to disingenuous politicians.”

Not.

He was referring to people in poverty for multiple generations.

Go back to community college and retake English.

paulwalker
    Participant

Cnn poll reports 62 percent say Hillary won

duxrule
    Participant

You know that it’s bad when the nation’s generic newspaper comes out against you.

Do not vote for ‘demagogue’ Trump, USA Today tells its readers

Branding Donald Trump a “dangerous demagogue,” USA Today on Thursday urged its readers not to vote for the Republican presidential candidate, but added that it was not endorsing his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton either.

The national newspaper said in an editorial that it had never taken sides in U.S. presidential elections in its 34-year history, but was abandoning the practice because the New York real estate developer was unfit for the presidency.

It went on to list and expand on eight reasons for its stance, including: “He is ill-equipped to be commander in chief,” “He traffics in prejudice,” and “He’s a serial liar.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-vote-demagogue-trump-usa-today-tells-readers-003958816.html

Alfredo_T
    Participant

These Trump quotes are funny, but they’re really all fluff and no MEAT.

“WHERE’S THE BEEF?”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.