Why does KY Clerk still have a job?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Correct and correct.

There’s no war on Christianity. No-one is being persecuted due to their religious beliefs. (Laughed at, yes. But not persecuted.)

She’s being jailed because she’s breaking the law. Period. What part of that the Broadway’s of the world cannot wrap their limited intellect around is beyond my own capacity to grasp.

“Religious liberty” and the like are simply thinly veiled code phrasing for anti LGBT bigotry. That’s what they’re defending. The “right” to be a discriminatory jack hole. It’s the exact same tortured logic that once allowed business owners to deny services to African Americans.

Jesus would be so proud!

This ignorant, hypocritical, troglodyte can believe whatever she wants to. I, nor anyone else, could care less. It’s when you’re attempting to inflict your medieval views upon others in a public setting that it tends to upset people.

In this country we have separation of church and state. If you don’t like it, then attempt to amend the U.S. Constitution. Just give the tens of millions of us who are not completely lunatics a heads up so we can make plans to be elsewhere when you start the book burning and witch trials.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Amus> “Does it seem a bit scary to you that we are in 100% alignment on this?”

Chilling!

missing_kskd
    Participant

It is simple.

These people assert God is the highest authority.

They use that assertion to justify all manner of batshittery.

When basic realities present a problem, such as society moving to a place where hating on “those other people” is a problem, there exists a choice:

Suck it up, be a good human and let it go, or suffer the consequences imposed by those who have.

Amus
    Participant

What these people are asserting is that, as Christians in the USA, they are, or ought to be a privileged class able to act above the law.

Broadway
    Participant
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

You are an idiot. Seriously.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Look at the comment thread on that one.

The more aggressive ones can’t spell. Funny shit!

Call it faith based expression.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

`Good points…
    http://louderwithcrowder.com/religious-freedom-kimdavis-ordered-to-jail-for-not-issuing-same-sex-marriage-licenses/’

No, they aren’t good points the woman must follow the law like everyone does.

Broadway
    Participant
    Amus
    Participant

Kim Davis could easily be free.

Very simple;
    1. Follow the law.
    2. Resign her position.

She needs only to choose one of the above.

She is the only person responsible for her situation.

Broadway
    Participant
    skeptical
    Participant
    mwdxer1
    Participant

My feelings are, she is there to do her job. She should be doing it. If not, resign and let someone else do it. I am a Christian myself, but if I was appointed or hired to do a job, and if it was against my beliefs, I would quit or resign. Same sex marriage is now the law as well at straight marriage.

missing_kskd
    Participant

The funding site IndieGoGo has changed it’s policy to prevent people like Davis from cashing in on ugly behavior!

Good. About time.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/09/03/sorry-kim-davis-gofundmes-new-policy-prevents-conservatives-from-raising-money-for-you/

The cost of hate just went up a little bit more.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I am glad to know the Go Fund Me site changed, but there are still many right wing groups that will give her support and money.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.