Why does KY Clerk still have a job?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

I concur with…
    Franklin Graham
    I’m thankful and proud that Americans are standing up against the evil being forced on us. Our religious rights and freedoms are being trampled on. Clerk of Court Kim Davis in Rowan County, Kentucky, refused to issue marriage licenses for gay couples and defied the U.S. Supreme Court ruling. She said, “To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience…For me it is a decision of obedience…It’s a matter of religious liberty.” Kim has received death threats from people she doesn’t even know, and she has to appear in court on Thursday over a motion to hold her in contempt. We need more Americans who are willing to take a stand for religious freedoms and biblical values in our communities. If we don’t, we won’t even recognize the America that our children and our grandchildren will be left with. Pray for Kim Davis and for our nation today.

Amus
    Participant

In that case, she could easily resolve the conflict by resigning her public position.

But that wasn’t the question.
    And I’ll reserve comment on Franklin Graham.
    Suffice it to say He’s a disgrace to his fathers legacy and an absolute Dominionist.

The question is;

Do you support a public official (who’s salary is payed for by all of her constituents, not just the Christian ones) defying the law as confirmed by the United States Supreme Court and usurping that law by invoking God’s law?

Vitalogy
    Participant

He won’t answser but will on behalf of him: Yes.

Vitalogy
    Participant

A transgender man and his wife were issued a marriage license in February by the Kentucky county clerk who, in defiance of a US supreme court order, cited “God’s authority” this week as reason to deny paperwork to same-sex couples.

On 26 February, Camryn Colen, a transgender man, and his wife, Alexis, went to Kim Davis’s office to obtain a marriage license. The clerk’s office didn’t ask to see Camryn’s birth certificate, which identifies him as female.

“She took me at face value and judged a book by its cover,” said Camryn, 30, of Davis. “She shouldn’t do that; she should just see two people in love and grant them the ability to get married.”

Davis, an Apostolic Christian, said recording anything but a marriage between a man and a woman would “violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage”.

“To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience,” Davis said in a statement Tuesday. “It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/02/kentucky-clerk-transgender-man-kim-davis

Looks like it’s hell for you Kimmer! Lucky for you hell is made up!!

Broadway
    Participant
    Broadway
    Participant
    skeptical
    Participant

Christians,

During the entire era of civilized society, God did nothing but just stood back and watched child molesters molest children. There’s no explaining this away no matter how hard one digests the Bible.

Throw in the Broadway and Davises of the world, and we’re looking at a Deity not worthy of your time.

Time to give Ra a second look.

Amus
    Participant

Go to jail.
    Go directly to jail.
    Do not pass go.
    Do not collect 500 hosannas.

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk Blocking Gay Marriages, Held in Contempt

Get ready for the Christian victim-hood & martyrdom.

Langston
    Participant

She has been remanded to custody. Expect a revelation soon.

missing_kskd
    Participant
    Amus
    Participant

But I beat the courts this time!
    I already held her in contempt!

Brianl
    Participant

And, she has to remain in jail until she agrees to issue marriage licenses to all.

Who is going to blink first? Hah, bigotry takes it in the sack, again!!

Deane Johnson
    Participant

She can have her religious views, but her only pathway if the job conflicts with her beliefs is to resign. It would be terribly wrong to allow people to redefine their jobs to fit their religious views, especially a public sector job.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Kim Davis must like big government because she has put herself in a position where the taxpayers are responsible for her housing and feeding.

Amus
    Participant

Deane,

Does it seem a bit scary to you that we are in 100% alignment on this?

😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.