Why does KY Clerk still have a job?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Kim Davis is on her 4th marriage.

Talk about a hypocrite!

Seriously, you just can’t make this stuff up.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/couple_denounces_attacks_on_county_clerk_married_four_times_who_denied_them_a_marriage_license

Vitalogy
    Participant

I’d prefer to see her behind bars like a material witness. Any sort of fine would be covered by a gofund me account. Let her dine on bread and water.

Brianl
    Participant
    Brianl
    Participant

And even though the Supreme Court denied her appeal, and told her she MUST do her job, she still refused to issue marriage licenses this morning. A gay couple that has now attempted four times to be granted a marriage license in Rowan County has filed a suit through the ACLU, asking for her to be found in contempt of court and jailed.

Let the impeachment and recall proceedings begin!

msndrspdx
    Participant

ABC News Facebook page is reporting that she is still refusing to issue the licenses, because she diesn’t recognize the authority of the Supeme Court. The only authority she recognizes is that of God which she says stands above the Suprenes.

What we have here is a right wing nutcase.

Best, Mike :-/

Langston
    Participant

A few days in jail pending a contempt hearing can be good for the soul.

edselehr
    Participant

The people of Kentucky elected her, and the people of Kentucky have the power to recall her. She’s not the only right wing nut case in the state.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I’m not so sure but what a recall election might go in her favor given the fact it’s Kentucky.

edselehr
    Participant

I agree, Deane. Hence, my comment above.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Fuck this fat, 4 time marrried pig of a domestic terrorist who claims to have God’s authority.

Remember, the 9/11 hijackers had God’s authority too.

This woman (which is a term I loosely use to describe this pathetic excuse for a human being with no penis) needs to go to jail. Resign or jail. And I hope it’s jail really soon so we can see what God’s plan is for her once she’s in the slammer.

duxrule
    Participant
    Broadway
    Participant

Best line…

“Under whose authority are you not issuing marriage licenses?” someone in the crowd asked Davis.

“Under God’s authority,” she responded.

“I’m willing to face my consequences and you all will face your consequences when it comes time for judgment,” she said. “Plain and simple.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/can-christian-be-county-clerk-america

Amus
    Participant

Broadway,

Would you consider yourself a Dominionist?

This is what we’re talking about here.
    And it’s very much the Christian version of Sharia.

Broadway
    Participant

>>Would you consider yourself a Dominionist?
    No.

Amus
    Participant

Then help me understand.

Do you support her as a public official enforcing God’s law in defiance of the ruling by the Supreme Court?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.