White cops continue to kill innocent black males

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things White cops continue to kill innocent black males

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Racially charged statements like this thread title incite violence and invite retaliation.

“White cops” and cops of all races are doing their jobs well. Don’t incriminate thousands because of the actions of a couple of individuals.

radiodork
    Spectator

I agree, a pretty asinine statement by Vit especially after the deadly shooting in Dallas last night where five officers are now dead. There are plenty of amazing cops out there who come to work and put their lives in danger everyday. A few bad eggs does not represent all cops.

Dxer1969
    Participant

But an innocent black was killed over a freaking tail light! Doesnt that anger you? If you can get shot for that! You can get shot for anything! Pretty damn scary, bros!

Amus
    Participant

And it’s hardly an isolated incident.
    It is occurring with alarming frequency.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I beg to differ. It’s not an asinine statement, it’s a fact. And the data prove it.

And personally, I don’t have a lot of trust in the police. And I’m white.

edselehr
    Participant

One of the main arguments of the gun-loving right is that they might have to use their guns some day to rise up against a dangerous and oppressive government.

If you were a black man in America, seeing all the unjustified killings of black people by the police – an arm of the government – might you consider that government dangerous and oppressive?

This is not a defense of the Dallas shootings, but a way to attempt to understand the motivation behind it. And, to contrast how blacks use guns in American with the way that whites use guns.

Amus
    Participant

And how an armed black population prompts an even more armed racist response.

This if course is all win/win for the NRA and gun manufacturers.

FACT: The NRA And Gun Sellers Profit Massively From Mass Shootings

Andy Brown
    Participant

Breakdown at the local level in these cases is a direct result of breakdown at the federal level because the conservatives running Congress are incompetent boobs.

http://tinyurl.com/zvkr2qn

edselehr
    Participant

Is THIS the mass shooting that will finally wake the American people from it’s collective stupor about lack of gun control?

Grade school kids? Yawn. Gays? Yawn.

Cops? Shot by a black man with an assault rifle? BE SCARED, WHITE PEOPLE!! WE MUST DO SOMETHING!

(plus – sadly – lots of good guys with guns didn’t matter one whit here.)

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Is THIS the mass shooting that will finally wake the American people from it’s collective stupor about lack of gun control?”

I think Columbine did that. Americans favor more gun control. It’s the conservatives in Congress that make too much money from the NRA that is the problem.

edselehr
    Participant

I dunno, Andy. We as a nation have a hard time staying incensed about these terrible tragedies. If we could sustain the post-Sandy Hook or post-Orlando furor for alot more than just one news cycle, I think the American people could affect some real change in Congress, NRA be damned.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

The GOP’s house majority is a gerrymandered nightmare. More than half of their seats are basically unlosable. Which in turn means the only thing an incumbent has to fear is being flanked by someone even more extreme, more unreasonable, and more ignorant from their own right.

That’s one of the reasons we have an obstructionist national party completely bereft of actionable ideas whom actively rejects empirical evidence for faith based ideology.

Across a wide swath of issues, but speaking directly at gun control for a moment, the vast majority of the populace (including a majority of Republicans) are in favor of a wide array of measures. None of which have any chance at all of getting out of the House because the GOP congress doesn’t care.

Deny. Dodge. Deflect.

La-La-La-La-La. Nothing to see here.

skeptical
    Participant

Hillary’s emails are soon to distract us once again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.