What happened to this forum?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Listener_Pete 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Brianl
    Participant

Evan, Amus and DT – holy hell, it’s good to see you three!

It’s going to take some time for me to get used to the changes. The old format was like a comfy, extremely well-worn pair of shoes – you just HATE to get rid of them for a newer pair, but finally it’s inevitable.

Kudos to Dan for making this happen.

Hopefully with the push of the reset button, we can have some cleansing of what has ailed our little community in here. And I think much of that onus is on us.

I love all you crazy kids.

warner
    Participant

So, I go on vacation for a week, come back today, and everything is changed! Looks nice and clean. I’ll have to learn how to post, and what all these little boxes above this big box mean. But I’m glad to see my familiar old friends are still here. Carry on!

mike_kolb
    Participant

Sad to say… but without the political crap, this poor board wouldn’t have a lot left. At least it’s cheap entertainment.

I like the separate forum idea for politics that auto-deletes after a while. Like maybe every 2 or 3 days.

Andy Brown
    Participant

It would be functional to separate “Other Things” from “Politics” but I think Dan is still working on retrieving old data, so in the short term I don’t think adding, deleting or changing the sub forums names will happen.

Having said that, I’d be remiss to not point out how a lot of the threads are discussions about topics that do have a political connection, even on the radio side. Among them are regulation of telecommunications of all genres, economics, science, etc.

Dan isn’t going to ban based on “topics.” That requires constant moderation. He does ban people, though, just ask F&B (fairandbalanced, WrathOfCon, Libby, jerry1949).

I think if Dan wanted to change things, he would have already done it one before he rolled out the WordPress conversion.

I, too, would not miss the purely political threads or the abortion threads or the religious threads.

As far as a “fresh start,” that would be nice but when certain posters continue to post esoteric or highly aberrant opinions, strong feedback should be expected.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I don’t mind most of it, and sometimes the entertainement value is high!

Maybe some of yoy lurkers can toss new things in. Seriously.

Think about it.

jerry1949
    Spectator

when certain posters continue to post esoteric or highly aberrant opinions, strong feedback should be expected.

When I see stuff like that I just ignore it most of the time. It’s a lot easier than giving “strong feedback” every time. If someone is “wrong on the internet” let them be wrong some times. One does not have to have the final word every friggin’ time.

How many times can stupid posts like “what about what DUHbya did?” be refuted? There are too many of them. And there is no moderator to give warnings about that kind of crap. It’s easier to just let them go. I don’t have that kind of time on my hands anyway to be a full-time self-appointed board overseer/moderator as others seem to do, though they are very selective about who and what they “moderate.”

“abberent opinions”=anything conservative. As Dean would say, Liberal=Good, Conservative=Bad. The default position of the board is extreme leftist, or so those who act like they own the place would have us believe. I hope Dean finds his way back here. Maybe Skybill too, now that is 10,000 post account is gone.

duxrule
    Participant

It’s always pretty comical to me, watching the RWNJ’s/O’Haters when they get called out on their BS, and then all of a sudden, “the default position of the board is extreme leftist,” their 1st Amendment rights are being restricted, blablabla. It’s almost like they think that no one else has those same rights or abilities.

edselehr
    Participant

“I like the separate forum idea for politics that auto-deletes after a while. Like maybe every 2 or 3 days.”

That would be a major let-down. Unless you haunt this board constantly, a refresh rate that short wouldn’t allow people to come to threads that might be a bit stale, yet want to add their two cents worth.

Plus, one of my occasional guilty pleasures in the old board was to peruse past conversations and posts – actually a lot of fun! Especially when one looks back on predictions and statements made months ago. Quoting old stuff is one of the best ways to keep posters honest around here. 🙂

Andy Brown
    Participant

F&B, posting like you do (people who rely on government money shouldn’t be allowed to vote) would be considered highly aberrant even by all but the most loony tunes right wingers. Then you tried to backtrack and posted a semi retraction (“I know it wouldn’t be possible”) was even worse.

In addition, when you post “And there is no moderator to give warnings about that kind of crap” because someone might post something you don’t like, if it was really egregious Dan would delete it or ban the poster, as he has you on numerous occasions. So don’t come off so high and mighty as you have a track record around here.

Also, Deane spells hisname with an “e” at the end.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

Once you make a post how do you edit it? I know it is possible because duxrule has done it. The following was posted below his last post:
    “This topic was modified 4 hours, 53 minutes ago by duxrule.”

Andy Brown
    Participant

On the top of your post there is the date and time on the left and on the right it says edit reply and the post # in light grey.

Edit add: also, on the bottom of the edit box when you go to edit, there is an optional log box which you can leave check or unchecked and a space to explain the edit if you choose to log the edit.

duxrule
    Participant

How are you guys changing font size?

edselehr
    Participant

You mean like this, dux? It happens automatically when you put something into blockquotes. I used to use blockquotes regularly, but this font is so ‘loud’ that I will refrain from blockquoting in this new forum.

edit add: if there is another way to change font size, I don’t know what it is.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

On the top of your post there is the date and time on the left and on the right it says edit reply and the post # in light grey.

duxrule
    Participant

@Ed-Understood, thx.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.