What happened to 100.7

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    fennekinisfire
    Participant

According to the FCC’s website for the stations available in my area at 96.7 is K244FG, and K264AA at 100.7, both licensed to Salem. Anyone know if these are translators or boosters for another station? Never heard of such music on any two of these frequencies.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Any ID that is composed of a single letter (K or W) followed by three numbers and two letters is a translator. K264AA repeats KMUZ, Turner. K244FG repeats KRKT-FM, Albany.

Boosters have a -1 or -2 (etc) following the root call sign e.g. WABX-1

W7PAT
    Participant

On a trip south yesterday, 96.7 had a better signal than 100.7 in Beaverton, down 217 to I-5. 96.7 lasted longest but both were fading to the point of being unlistenable by the time I got to I-5.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

About six months ago, 96.7 briefly tested with dance music. The signal in Hillsboro was fairly good at that time.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

What ever happened to 880 kHz KWIP-AM – Salem?

Broadway
    Participant

KWIP also now has an FM translator at 103.9FM that reaches Salem.

fennekinisfire
    Participant

I can get the KWIP 103.9 FM translator faintly if I point my antenna in a certain angle. But there’s a lot of white noise due to it broadcasting in stereo. 880 AM i’m able to receive very very clear, during the day and night.

jr_tech
    Participant

I notice that the FM signal from the translator is about a second or more behind the AM… How are they feeding the translator? The 103.9 translator is quite receivable in Hillsboro, using an outside FM Log-Yagi and Sony F1HD tuner.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

STL link between Dallas studios and Independence Mountain (more like a hill).

Something broke. KWIP RFO skywave component has always been large (antenna too short) but it’s bad now. Used to be near dusk KWIP be all up in KIXI – Bellevue back yard.
    Now, opposite is true.

Broadway
    Participant

>>How are they feeding the translator?
    Barix STL aoip…

jr_tech
    Participant

Slaps forehead! Of course, they are running STEREO on the FM translator, so they can’t be taking it off the air from AM 880. Latency from a digital STL would explain the time lag.

Isn’t the translator on Prospect Hill?

Broadway
    Participant

>>Isn’t the translator on Prospect Hill?
    Pointed due north from south Salem
    https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=K280GS-FX&lat=44.93111&lon=-123.02916&locn=Salem%2C%20Oregon

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Barix? 5.4 gHz?
    An ISM band. Someone with certain knowledge and a RC drone would create havoc 15 minutes at a time.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.