What happened to 100.7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

KQRZ filed an application to license a stand by antenna.

Maybe they have been having problems on their main.

Waynes World
    Participant

I hope that helps I know my brother digs the station in Hillsbboro

W7PAT
    Participant

Statement from KQRZ:

Headline News….from the KQRZ News Brew Pub Headquarters
    (Hillsboro, OR) Many of you listeners may have experienced poor reception of KQRZ prior to mid February. We are currently in Phase II of upgrading our antenna system. The last 2 weeks we have been operating with our “short term” fix. So, hopefully, you have noticed the coverage is now about the same as it has always been. The next step is waiting for an extended period of better weather and our Chief Engineer to be in town (and out of the Brew Pub). At that point, we will have the final stages done to our antenna system.
    Also, starting this Saturday and Sunday at Noon, we will be playing the ARRL Ham radio news show. This will run for about 14 minutes then we’ll roll back into the great oldies we are known for playing, Hopefully, the news will be of interest to our nooner listeners. If we get lots of people complaining…well…we can always play some Montovani instead……
    Thanks for your support, radio fans!

jr_tech
    Participant

Thanks for the update! Indeed signal levels here in Hillsboro seem to be back to about normal… S-9+ on the Icom/discone combo, 3 bars+ (reported to be at least 38dBf) on the SonyF1HD/Log-Yagi combo and it is pretty easy to get a clean signal with most decent portable radios with minor antenna adjustments.

Good news also about the ARRL programming!

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Really?

I hate to be the one to say it but Mantovani is a more worthwile use of airtime than hypocritical posturing from the Newington Yankees. Hell even 15 transcribed minutes of fingernails on a blackboard would be more informative. An informed ham is the ARRL’s worst nightmare, meaning that’s all the less lining Newington’s pockets are getting.

Okay, back to monitoring 3840!

Borderblaster
    Participant

“monitoring 3840!” Really?
    Don’t have a linear to join the shitstorm, darth?

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Oh fuck off, asshole. I’m not Darth Talon.

If you don’t want to contribute anything useful to the board then don’t post. If you want to be banned, keep trolling like you do, it can be arranged.

Scott Young
    Participant

Loving the ARRL the way he does, I can’t help wondering if Gouge is really Wayne Greene W2NSD/1 reincarnated? 🙂

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

No. Was this person you mentioned of significance in the ham radio hobby?

(I don’t know why everybody has this fascination with my identity but I have nothing to hide, My full name is Gouge Jean-Marcel Gouger du Gougé. Je suis non Portlandeur. Plus de vin, monsieur?)

Alfredo_T
    Participant

J’ai confiance que vous n’etes pas Wayne Green. Je crois qu’il port un chapeau en aluminium.

Waynes World
    Participant

when will the station come back? they are silent. the e-mail doesn’t work

W7PAT
    Participant

Found this notice on Facebook:

Hi KQRZ fans. You may have noticed that we signed off the air briefly at 6:55 PM today for 15 minutes. Well, our technical folks were busy at the transmitter site configuring antennas. We are now simulcasting on two frequencies, yes! that’s TWO frequencies in one! We are on our usual 100.7 channel and now we’re on 96.7 too! Station call sign is KXMG-LP. On Monday evening the call sign will change to KICN-LP! The first phase of something new and exciting to come soon! ….Johnny

tombrooks
    Participant

W7PAT….Hey Johnny…. 96.7…hmmm pretty good signal to I-5/217…. So could you give us more of a clue.. What’s up with that station ?? Enquiring minds want to know…lol..

Waynes World
    Participant

I can’t pick either station in Tigard now

fennekinisfire
    Participant

Hearing big band/swing music on 100.7 right now. 96.7 apparently playing country music countdown. I’m probably getting different stations, though…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.