What Framing IS.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/framing

This essay explores the nature of frames and the framing process. It seeks to:

• clarify the basic concepts,
    • present an overview of what is known about frames and framing and their impact on conflict dynamics,
    • explore the forms of framing that are most significant to intractable conflicts,
    • examine the potential for reframing and frame changes as part of a process of reconciliation or conflict resolution, and
    • direct the reader to other web- and print-based resources that can provide more detail.

You may find this a good read. And in the spirit of improved dialog, I’m suggesting you do. Personally, I frequently read this kind of material and apply it in my various personal and professional interactions. Never hurts to stay current, or be reminded about useful things potentially going unused.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Hey, I’m also liking our new text editor widget. The hyphenation isn’t stellar, but the highlight ‘n go method of applying tags works great!

The edit window is awful short though. Something like 5 minutes? Maybe 10? Sheesh. Not long enough, IMHO.

Typically, I knock out a post in 5 – 10 minutes, and a long form one might take 20. Then I’ll edit a few times to sort it out proper. I just barely got the one above done, and there wasn’t very much to do but insure the list formatting worked out OK.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

I thot eiditing editing was set at 60 minutes. Hmmmm, i’ll have to check.

Yes, new editing features are great. Thanks KSKD.

Ah, it was at 5 minutes. Strange. Now re-set to 60 min. Thanks for framing the problem. 😉

missing_kskd
    Participant

Wow! 5 minutes. I must have gotten in just under the wire.

Hey, I love the radio tuner dial. Is that from an older Pioneer? Do tell.

jr_tech
    Participant

“Hey, I love the radio tuner dial. Is that from an older Pioneer? Do tell.”

Indeed a puzzle… looks exactly like the scale of my mid 70s Pioneer TX-9100 *but* the 9100 has an AM scale just below the logging scale. I am not aware of an “FM only” Pioneer tuner in the Blue dial/Silver panel era.

skeptical
    Participant

“Hey, I love the radio tuner dial. Is that from an older Pioneer? Do tell.”

It’s a speedometer from an old Volvo, in kph.

missing_kskd
    Participant

@JR_Tech, I’m not sure that dial is FM only…

The image is cropped, just right… Could be an AM scale down there.

skeptical
    Participant
    skeptical
    Participant

jr_tech
    Participant

@Skep… Nice find on the tuner dial source photo, Pioneer for sure, it was also used on some lower spec models such as the TX-8100 and TX-7100 as well as some receivers, such as the whopper SX-1010.
    @Missing… Good call on the cropping, I slapped my forehead as soon as I saw that comment. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.