Climate Change

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Herb
    Spectator

Look out for global warming….or are we back to cooling again?

http://abc7chicago.com/weather/subzero-wind-chills-for-chicago-area/523072/

Whatever it is, beware liberals, because the sky is falling.

missing_kskd
    Participant

You’ve done that at least 5 times that I can remember.

And it’s silly. You know it too.

duxrule
    Participant

Been outside in Portland lately? Check the snowpack in the Cascades? It’s not like any February in my 58 years as a 4th-generation Oregonian.

Amus
    Participant

Only the profoundly ignorant are still skeptics by now.

duxrule
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that it’s not so much skepticism as it is a deep and innate need to oppose anything and everything that’s not in the RWNJ playbook. You HAVE to oppose climate change, or you get kicked out of the club.

Andy Brown
    Participant
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

A prominent climate change skeptic is now in the news due to an ethics scandal. Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act have shown that Dr. Wei-Hock Soon has obtained about $1.2 million over the last decade from coal and petroleum interests to conduct research intended to disprove anthropogenic climate change. (See http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/us/ties-to-corporate-cash-for-climate-change-researcher-Wei-Hock-Soon.html?_r=0 ) Dr. Soon’s work attempts to show that changes in global temperature are due to changes in solar energy output.

I am not cheering, as I think that we all like the creature comforts of modern industrialized societies. I don’t think that there are too many among us who hate cars with air conditioning, airplanes, elevators, power tools, and cheap electricity that is available 24/7. The Amish are a very small, fringe group. What I want is real science, not “scientific debate.”

Vitalogy
    Participant

A climate change denier paid money by big oil to mislead? Shocker!!

Chico
    Participant

Weather is not climate.
    Weather is not climate.
    Weather is not climate.

NoParty
    Participant

Herb, how is the weather in the Pacific Northwest COOLING? Drought in the west at record rates?

This is normal? Maybe to someone like yourself but I love to live in the world of REALITY.

Wake the F up old man!

NoParty
    Participant

Herb, how is the weather in the Pacific Northwest COOLING? Drought in the west at record rates?

This is normal? Maybe to someone like yourself but I love to live in the world of REALITY.

Wake the F up old man!

60+ degrees days in February in Oregon… Nothing to see here. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight…

Andy Brown
    Participant

100″ of snow in Boston in what, 5 weeks?
    When records are being broken, Herb, you can’t keep pounding your hoax drum. The climate change facts are clearly piling up with more intense storms that may bring intense flooding this spring. Pull your head out of the sand.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/25/bostons-tops-100-inches-of-snow-in-record-setting-winter/

Industrial Revolution: 1760 to 1840. The CO2 emissions since then have gone up steadily with a big increase just in the last 50 years.

image2

NoParty
    Participant

Warmest Dec thru Feb ON RECORD and warmest February ever in PDX!

Move along nothing to see here…

Hmmmmm

Broadway
    Participant
    duxrule
    Participant

Real-world, real-time evidence trumps a “prediction” every time.

Glacier cave collapses on Mt. Hood

“…Brent McGregor discovered the collapsed cave, named Snow Dragon, at the end of January.

Five years ago he and his climbing partner discovered not one, but three huge glacier caves, buried beneath the Sandy Glacier on the northwest side of Mount Hood.

McGregor says when he first found caves they had more than a hundred feet of ice above them. But last year, massive holes started forming at the top of the caves.

In just the last couple of months, a section of the Snow Dragon cave collapsed.”
    http://www.nwcn.com/story/news/local/green/2015/03/05/glacier-cave-collapses-on-mt-hood/24480195/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.