WE 96.3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

So i noticed there is not a lot of talk about the new hip hop station WE 96.3. I listen to it often and like the fact that it truly is a hip hop station and not some watered down version like previous hip hop stations have been. This station is probably the closest thing to the original Jammin 95.5 that came to Portland in early 2000. One thing Ive noticed is that the dj’s don’t sound live or local and I’m assuming they are all voice tracked from New York.
    Ebro who used to do mornings with PK on the Original Jammin 95.5 and is now in New York is doing a voice tracked morning show on WE 96.3
    Will a real hip hop station do well in Portland? Ive noticed the station plays almost exclusively new hip hop with very few “gold” or 90’s titles. Infact the format and song selections are identical to The New York Hip hop stations.

semoochie
    Participant

It’s popular enough to split Jam’n’s former audience pretty much right down the middle and send the latter into a non current version of its former self. There was something the other day about them bringing in someone famous from out of town. I believe it was for afternoon drive.

radiodork
    Spectator

So the afternoon Guy is live and local smooch?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Where is DjFrrresh when you need him? 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.