WAY-FM / Portland to purchase KWEE-FM

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio WAY-FM / Portland to purchase KWEE-FM

This topic contains 94 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Alfredo_T 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I cannot remember the name of the guy who kept complaining about KUFO and active rock being gone. What I do recall is that he posted some links to some political commentary videos that he had made, and he always appeared in a motorcycle jacket without a shirt underneath.

…And that’s what got him booted. It was found that he was monetising his Youtube posts and misusing this forum as a link-through to generate personal income. Not OK. Not going to mention his handle so as not to promo him any more than he’s done himself. You can find it easily enough if you go through the backlogs of IIRC late 2017 or early 2018.

That, and he was posting political opinions that went against the herd and people disagreed with, which as you know is absolutely frowned on in Portland. (Which is why I do it so much.)

I also recall he would get hardons over Burgerville’s nasty-ass petrified greasebombs they call “onion rings”, and Imagine Dragons.

semoochie
    Participant

Another is the licensee but I don’t recall ever hearing it. In a related area, I’m guessing that you can no longer ID as “KOIN, channel six, Portland”, since that isn’t the actual channel.

Andy Brown
    Participant

That may not be true. It’s difficult to discern.

Quoting from the rules: “the name of the licensee, the station’s frequency, the station’s channel number, as stated on the station’s license, and/or the station’s network affiliation may be inserted between the call letters and station location.”

“DTV stations, or DAB Stations, choosing to include the station’s channel number in the station identification must use the station’s major channel number and may distinguish multicast program streams.”

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=f47460c5b051e8ec8e431ff55cfdde51&mc=true&node=se47.4.73_11201&rgn=div8

For an explanation of what “major channel number” means, go here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=_huA6ETPzVQC&pg=PA6080&lpg=PA6080&dq=fcc+id+rules+what+is+major+channel+number&source=bl&ots=GwaA6eqhdP&sig=ACfU3U2m2r7Q2W3UENVGtN0UZTw3SbmAlg&hl=en&ppis=_e&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiApq2TttTlAhVDy4sBHZ57AtMQ6AEwDnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=fcc%20id%20rules%20what%20is%20major%20channel%20number&f=false

It appears that the answer may be that they can use the number that isn’t their real channel assignment, but the text of DA 15-662 is at the minimum difficult to parse out into an answer.

semoochie
    Participant

One could make a case that the station ID is in the public interest, convenience and necessity and since the public thinks that Channel 2 is actually on Channel 2, then that obligation has been fulfilled.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I also recall he would get hardons over Burgerville’s nasty-ass petrified greasebombs they call “onion rings”, and Imagine Dragons.

I did a search on the term “onion rings,” and that brought me to the idiotic, self-promoting dumpster fire that was this person. This person’s message board handle was aptly chosen.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.