WAY-FM / Portland to purchase KWEE-FM

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio WAY-FM / Portland to purchase KWEE-FM

This topic contains 94 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Alfredo_T 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

I heard them Tuesday.

semoochie
    Participant

OK, I heard SOMETHING on 104.5 on Tuesday. It may have been what I heard Wednesday, which was “Way Loud”, referring to itself as “Christian Rock”. It seems that it must be related to Way FM but I’m not aware of Way Media having any other program sources. If it’s a matter of KXXP regaining its programing control, I can see how Way Media could have issues with them.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

There was a poster on this board a few years ago who kept complaining that there is no active rock on the air in the Portland metro area anymore. Here it is. Hallelujah!

Way Loud is a subsidiary of Way FM. However, it may be that KXXP is the only terrestrial station carrying them now, since a station promo just said, “if you can’t stream us, then how are you hearing this?”

See the very bottom of this Web page: http://wayloud.rocks/

semoochie
    Participant

Screamer
    Participant

I would like some AIC, Soundgarden and Nirnana to to with my Metallica and Megadeth. How about a format for those of us who like Rock that doesn’t suck?

Screamer
    Participant

*Nirvana not Nirnana

W7PAT
    Participant

I listened to KXXP on my way back from Salem today. Good signal all of the way from Salem to Aloha. They were playing Oldies 60’s and beyond, a really good mix as “MyTV FM”. I have no idea if this permanent, but I hope so.

Broadway
    Participant

Guess the Way Loud format was short lived…

semoochie
    Participant

That’s really surprising. Usually, when you get a religious station, it’s for eternal life! 🙂

semoochie
    Participant

Alfredo_T
    Participant

“1550 KBUD” made me chuckle. If people are going to create a hyper-niche radio format, they might as well have fun with it.

I cannot remember the name of the guy who kept complaining about KUFO and active rock being gone. What I do recall is that he posted some links to some political commentary videos that he had made, and he always appeared in a motorcycle jacket without a shirt underneath.

semoochie
    Participant

KXXP gave a backward legal ID when they said, “KXXP Portland – White Salmon”, at the top of the hour! I don’t know if this is ongoing or not.

Screamer
    Participant

Semoochie,

What do you mean by ‘backward legal ID’?

Broadway
    Participant

Illegal…COL should always follow first after call sign in legal ID’s…anything after that is fair game.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Broadway.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“COL should always follow first after call sign in”

Incorrect.

There are several parameters that can go in between calls and COL including frequency and digital channel. Additional cities are not included and must go after the assigned COL.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.