Watch TV stations on the air?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 44 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  washnotore 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

msndrspdx
    Participant

Can anybody reading this downstate help answer this? I’d be curious to know about edfird, Bebd, and Coos Ay especially.

I mean Medford. 😜 and Bend. 😜

washnotore
    Participant

I’m not sure what Watch TV is up too. I do notice they are quadcasting on KOXO-CD RF 15. The PSIP look interesting on how it is label.

PMT PID 256 (0x0100) – Program 257 KOXO-CD (VC 41)

PMT PID 512 (0x0200) – Program 513 KOXI-CD (VC 20)

PMT PID 768 (0x0300) – Program 769 KORK-CD (VC 35)

PMT PID 1024 (0x0400) – Program 1025 KORS-CD (VC 16)

KKEI-CD VC 38 is the only Watch TV station that is not listed.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Interesting. I was told by a person at Watch TV a couple years back that Watch TV was going to return to the air and also get their other channels on like Ch28 Astoria. Hopefully they will return.

msndrspdx
    Participant

The new KOXO qusdcasts aren’t listed on RabbitEars yet. Are the other streams showing testcards or programs? I’ve seen a new promo spot for Quest on my Facebook newsfeed this week, reminding folks in the PDX area that KGW (and Comcast) is showing Quest.

And we still don’t know where My TV will land once KPDX drops it (and that might be after Lsbor Day). KPTV’s new habit of referring to KPDX as Fox 12+ doesn’t seem to be working. Instead, it’s confusing people. When a Timbers game ran on KPDX last week, it was promoted as being on Fox 12+, and folks on the Timbers Facebook page went, “What the heck is that?”, I had to explain this by commenting, “Fox 12+ is KPDX.” The gebedal reaction to that was, “That’s stupid and confusing branding,” and I agreed with that. Several Fox/My TV pairs use a “plus” branding for the My TV station. Don’t know if it’s confusing people elsewhere, but it doesn’t seem to be going over well with people here. If one of the Watch TV stations pick it up and brand it as My 20 (or whatever), which is what most My TV stations do, then the oubkic will accept it and might even like it.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I’ll see that qusdcast and that oubkic and raise you a covfefe to keep you honest.

(drops chip onto pile)

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Seem to recall in January two WatchTV PDX stations, KORK and KORS, were to participate in the ATSC trials. Hype was the LG / TitanTV consortium was to test the ATSC 3.01 flavor.
    18 August 2018, FCC approves WatchTV Silence and Suspention Application for KORk, KORS and KOXI. Application states all have been silent since 12 February.
    WatchTV and parent AT&T Wireless are changing business models to an “over the top” market. Programming is still available on most AT&T and Cox cable services.

LinleyG
    Participant

KOXO-CD on RF channel 15 (virtual channel 41) is and has been on the air since roughly Feb. 2018. The other four Portland stations (KORS-CD, KOXI-CD, KORK-CD and KKEI-CD are off the air at present. Those four stations were supposed to be part of a STA to test ATSC 3.0 on the air. The FCC in an action on April 18, 2018 put them into a Silent STA status and told the owners that the should be back on the air in a ATSC 1.0 format by August 17th, which has not happened.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Out here on the coast, I did my weekly scan, and nothing new. I was looking for 28 (Watch TV) or 22 EIBC (Rel), but nothing yet.

LinleyG
    Participant

I completely missed the fact that WatchTV applied for a STA extension on the 14th of August. They say that the duplexer required for the new channel line-up was ordered on time but has not been delivered. The STA extension is in a”pending” status and has not been granted.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

AIR, WatchTV – PDX was chosen because three of the four CD sites are at different locations and for Portland’s unique electro – geography to test an ATSC system for 5G type FHSS “soft hand-offs” on a COFDM platform.
    Actual testing is now in Seoul – South Korea.

LinleyG
    Participant

KOXO-CD (RF 15, virtual ch. 41-1) is off the air. Was on yesterday but off at noon and later at 3PM when I looked.

jr_tech
    Participant

I see “no signal” on the screen of my tv on 41-1,2,3,4 just now, but detect a signal at 476.311 mHz on my Icom R8500.

LinleyG
    Participant

I can also measure a very low level CW signal at that frequency. Given the frequency, one would assume it to be a DTV pilot signal. There also seems to be a blip just above noise of the rest of the DTV signal at my house but it’s hard to tell if it’s KOXO’s signal or one of the other RF ch. 15 signals licensed to that channel.

It’s hard to tell what is on ch. 15 now. The FCC’s TV Query site appears to be grossly out of date. It doesn’t show any KOXO at all much less one on ch. 15. The FCC’s LMS search shows that KOXO-CD was issued a license to cover for operation on ch. 15 on June 5th of this year. There seem to still be translators on ch. 15 at Ranier and Newport.

jr_tech
    Participant

From my location, a long Yagi was required to detect the ch 15 digital carriers from Rainier, Newport and Spokane before KOXO moved to ch 15. I am just using an omnidirectional disk cone antenna to detect this signal… I suspect that it is local. KOXO transmitter output stage failure, perhaps?

washnotore
    Participant

Most but not all of the LPTV’s in Portland area. Are currently off the air. Just about everyone is doing some type of equipment change out.

There are currently Three streams up and running with no programing to feed them. That would be KEVE-LD and KJYY-LD.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.