Washington State Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Washington State Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

GRAYS HARBOR INSTITUTE has closed on the swap of noncommercial KCFL/WESTPORT, WA to NORTHWEST INDY RADIO for KGHE/ELMA, WA.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KZAL Flips To Country Format

ICICLE BROADCASTING KZAL/ WENATCHEE WA flipped formats from AC to Country on SUNDAY (10/28). The new “Z-Country 94.7” is designed for regional coverage, with its 10,000-watt signal reaching from the GREATER CHELAN area to the WENATCHEE VALLEY.

The “Z-Country 94.7” line-up includes PREMIERE RADIO NETWORK’s BIG D & BUBBA in mornings, and PD RANDY ROADZ handling afternoons. “Z Music Marathons” will be featured during middays and nights.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

IGLESIA PENTECOSTAL VISPERIA DEL FIN has requested an extension of its Silent STA for KEJI/DARRINGTON, WA while it completes construction of its new facilities.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings with the FCC, CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC. has requested a Silent STA for FM translator K206CU/MOUNT VERNON, WA, taking the station off the air due to interference with full-power PACIFIC LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY noncommercial KPLK/SEDRO-WOOLLEY, WA.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

BUTTERFIELD BROADCASTING CORPORATION is selling FM translator K232ED/SUNNYSLOPE, WA to MCC RADIO, LLC for $30,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

The Commission issued notices of unlicensed broadcast station operation to several more entities, including:

APPLUS+ TECHNOLOGIES (VANCOUVER, WA)

EILEEN AND HOWARD NAGLE (LONGVIEW, WA)

DAVID RUSSELL TEDDER (LONGVIEW, WA)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION has closed on the sale of silent KSBC/NILE, WA to TEMPLO PENTECOSTES MONTE DE SION for $1.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

PACIFIC BEACH FOOD BANK is transferring low power FM KXPB-LP/PACIFIC BEACH, WA to M.A.A.P. FOUNDATION for no consideration.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

VINCENT SHIFLET is selling FM translator K269FY/WALLA WALLA, WA to ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for $12,500.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Howard Hoffman To Call Walla Walla Sweets Baseball This Season

Radio veteran HOWARD HOFFMAN will call the action for WEST COAST LEAGUE collegiate summer baseball’s WALLA WALLA SWEETS on CAPPS BROADCAST GROUP Sports KTEL-A (1490 ESPN RADIO)/WALLA WALLA this season. HOFFMAN, most recently Director of Creative Services for CUMULUS Talk KABC-A/LOS ANGELES for 17 years and known for hosting at stations like WABC-A, WPIX, and WQHT (HOT 97)/NEW YORK, KOPA-A and KKFR/PHOENIX, and KMEL/SAN FRANCISCO. has relocated to WALLA WALLA, where he operates his voiceover and production businesses.

“We have been fortunate as a team to have talented broadcasters every season and HOWARD is no different,” said SWEETS VP/GM ZACHARY FRASER. “With HOWARD’s level of experience in radio and his enthusiasm for the game of baseball our fans can expect another exceptional season of broadcasting.”

“This is a dream job for anyone who grew up loving the game. I’m genuinely excited to be working with a great team that’s become an instant tradition in the WALLA WALLA VALLEY… and to be a voice for the citizens of SWEETS Country,” said HOFFMAN. “As a rookie in the broadcast booth, I know I’ll learn more from our fans than from anywhere else. I’ll be keeping the lines of communication open through social media. It’s going to be a truly interactive live experience with every broadcast, so bring your smartphones to the games and let’s have some fun this summer.

“As a broadcaster, I’m looking forward to the experience of getting to know the players and coaches and to bring their stories to the listeners. As a fan, I really want to thank the SWEETS organization for this opportunity to see all the games for free. It ought to be a great season.”

paulwalker
    Participant

I don’t know Howard, but certainly know of him. He spent some time at KHIT in Seattle during the 80’s. A tremendous talent with big market experience in New York City, and San Francisco. Who knows what motivates people like him. Perhaps he has arrived at a place where he can write his own ticket. Good for him, for following his dream.

bossjock
    Participant

Like Paul, I only know Howard by reputation. Among his many past endeavors, he’s the co-creator of perhaps the ultimate insider radio parody, “NINE!” (and the later “Ninety-nine”, notable particularly for the last 1:30 for its uncanny depiction of what radio sounds like today).

The Capps cluster website provides only a generic ESPN stream feed for 1490, but it appears the Sweets do stream games through their website. Already have my calendar marked to listen in.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Anybody seen broadcast arrangements for the Hillsboro Hops yet? My most recent Valpak envelope in the mail contained the Seattle Mariners’ pocket-size schedule, which I plan to refer to a lot this upcoming season…

Best, Mike 8)

washnotore
    Participant

Anybody seen broadcast arrangements for the Hillsboro Hops yet?

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/argus/index.ssf/2013/03/rich_burk_named_radio_broadcas.html

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KPTQ/Spokane To Flip To Sports

CLEAR CHANNEL Classic Country KPTQ-A/SPOKANE will flip to Sports on APRIL 11th as 1280 FOX SPORTS SPOKANE. The station will air the full FOX SPORTS RADIO lineup.

“We couldn’t be more excited to bring the power of the FOX SPORTS brand to the Spokane market. It’s the perfect addition to our station cluster,” said OM MICHAEL LA CROSSE. “With the appeal of DAN PATRICK, JAY MOHR, and the rest of the FOX SPORTS lineup, in addition to our MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, NFL, College Football, and NASCAR programming, we know that 1280 FOX SPORTS SPOKANE will be the team listeners and advertisers will want to be a part of.”

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.