Washington State Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Washington State Radio Happenings

This topic contains 392 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Young 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 393 total)
  • Author

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KMAS Flips To News-Talk

OLYMPIC BROADCASTING Oldies KMAS-A-K281BM/SHELTON, WA has flipped to News-Talk as “1030 KMAS AND NEWSRADIO 104.1.”

The lineup includes TALK RADIO NETWORK’s “AMERICA’s MORNING NEWS” 3-6a, the local “DAYBREAK WITH JEFF AND DALE” 6-9a, TRN’s “AMERICA’S RADIO NEWS NETWORK” 9a-9p, TRN’s RUSTY HUMPHRIES 9p-midnight, and TRN’s PHIL HENDRIE midnight-3a. Local segments and shows are included within the news programming, including a daily stock report at 7:45a and garden show at 12:30p.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC. is contributing KANY/MONTESANO, WA and SUNNYLAND BROADCASTING, LLC is contributing the construction permit for a new FM at ILWACO, WA to JOSH BROADCASTING, LLC, a new entity co-owned by JODESHA and SUNNYLAND.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings with the FCC, EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION has asked the Commission for a Silent STA for FM translator K201GB/CENTRALIA, WA due to interference problems with another station.

semoochie
    Participant

That just about has to be for the new Seattle rimshot.

Chico
    Participant

Yeah, it’s a bit of a problem when they put a 76kw stick 19 miles from your co-channel translator. Actually- even moreso when you put your OWN stick 19 miles away…since EMF owns both.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This From All Access:

PACIFIC BEACH FOOD BANK has applied to transfer low power FM KXPB-LP/PACIFIC BEACH, WA to M.A.A.P. FOUNDATION for no consideration. The move follows the food bank losing its place of operation.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings with the FCC, SUNNYLANDS BROADCASTING LLC is selling FM translator K234BU/ EPHRATA, WA to READ BROADCASTING, LLC for $10,000. The station will rebroadcast Religion KTBI-A/EPHRATA, WA.

semoochie
    Participant

OK, that’s what translators are for, improving the signal within the coverage area. The only other reason I think they should be used is to bring unique programming(if there’s a demand)into an area and I can almost name everything that would apply: NPR, Classical and Jazz.

Scott Young
    Participant

I’m curious, when KTBI signs off at sunset will K234BU sign off as well? I’m not familiar with translator rules and I wonder if an FM translator of a daytime AM station can remain on the air when the parent station signs off for the night.

semoochie
    Participant

The translator can operate up to 12 hours after the daytimer signs off. This enables small stations to air high school sports and the like.

Scott Young
    Participant

Thanks Semoochie…not a bad deal. Worst case in the middle of winter you’d have to shut down from around 4:45am to, I’m guessing, 6am. Pretty good trade off for getting a nighttime signal.

Chico
    Participant

What an odd duck that frequency is. Very few 50kw daytimers out there, I would reckon.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m sorry, that should read “24 hours”.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

XANA HD SOLUTIONS, LLC is selling Classic Country KRKZ-A and AC KBDB-F/FORKS, WA to FORKS BROADCASTING, INC. for $50,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Jackson Dell Weaver Adds GM Stripes At KGY-A

KGY, INC. AC KGY-A/OLYMPIA, WA has appointed JACKSON DELL WEAVER GM. However, WEAVER will continue his duties as GM for OHANA MEDIA GROUP stations in SEATTLE and WARRENTON, OR.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.