Washington State Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Washington State Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access (In filings with the FCC)

NORTHWEST INDY RADIO is selling K271CG/OLYMPIA, WA to SAM-SNO EDUCATIONAL MEDIA for $1.

RIVERVIEW BAPTIST CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS is swapping K213DP/RICHLAND, WA to WALLA WALLA UNIVERSITY for WEST VALLEY TRANSLATOR ASSOCIATION’s K201AS/YAKIMA, which is being assigned to the university in consideration for “past technical and financial support.”

Andy Brown
    Participant

Bustos picks up 9 more stations from Adelante in WA. (in addition to the two noted a few days ago, i.e. 1210 KMIA Auburn and KDDS-FM Elma 99.3):

1020 KDYK Union Gap
    730 KULE Ephrata

KMMG Benton City 96.7
    KZML Quincy 95.9
    KZTA Naches 96.9
    KZTB Milton-Freewater 97.9
    KZUS Ephrata 92.3

K225AR Wenatchee 92.9

KZML FM1 Wenatchee 95.9 (booster)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. is selling the construction permits for K283BX and K291BV/MABTON, WA and K295BT/WAPATO, WA to INGSTAD RADIO WASHINGTON, LLC for $275,000.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Radio Insight reports that the 104.5 licensed to Newport, WA, is back on the air with Hank-branded Classic Country:
    http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/91179/hank-comes-to-spokane/

The station was off the air for quite some time, and before then was “104.5 Jamz.”

For those unfamiliar with the market, the station has a 100,000-watt-equivalent C1 signal (similar to 105.1 or 105.9 here in the Portland Metro Area), but this signal is well north of Spokane and can’t move any closer to the population centers due to (IIRC) 104.3 in Pullman, if not multiple other signals.

Let’s wish them well with the new format.

semoochie
    Participant

No vertical power should be interesting for automobile reception. On the other hand, the new modification of the booster looks like it will provide a better signal into Spokane proper.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

BUSTOS MEDIA HOLDINGS has closed on the purchase of nine stations from ADELANTE MEDIA GROUP, LLC for $6 million. The stations include Country KZUS (US 92.3) and News-Talk KULE-A (HOT TALK 730 AM)/EPHRATA, WA, Regional Mexican KZTA (LA GRAN D)/NACHES-YAKIMA, WA; Regional Mexican KDDS-F (LA GRAN D)/ELMA-SEATTLE, WA; Spanish Adult Hits KDYK-A (JUAN AM 1020)/UNION GAP-SEATTLE, WA; Spanish Hits KMIA-A (LATINO 1210)/AUBURN-FEDERAL WAY-SEATTLE, WA; Regional Mexican KZML (LA GRAN D)/QUINCY-WENATCHEE, WA and its booster KZML-FM1 in WENATCHEE; Spanish AC KMMG (LATINO 96.7)/BENTON CITY-RICHLAND-PASCO-KENNEWICK, WA; Regional Mexican KZTB (LA GRAN D)/MILTON-FREEWATER-RICHLAND-PASCO-KENNEWICK, WA; and K225AR/WENATCHEE, WA.

semoochie
    Participant

I meant to mention this before. Adelante appears to be some kind of holding company for Bustos. They did the same thing here, awhile back, selling some of their stations to them and later, buying them back.

jay_zie
    Participant

I’ve always wondered how they can do that legally. They did the same thing with Z Spanish Radio Network. They sold some stations to Azteca in the Sacramento area and bought them back a few years ago and sold them again to Adelante; and I bet they will buy them back soon. Bustos has always managed to keep a station in San Jose as well. Here in Oregon, I am sure he owns the stations in Salem but some how they are under the name of Ed Distel

Andy Brown
    Participant

It might have something to do with overlapping markets and the maximums allowed. They might have had opportunity deadlines on sales that might have put them over the limit so the interim step gives them time to figure out which ones to keep and which one to sell off. Just conjecture on my part.

Broadway
    Participant

>>Ed Distel
    He’s the Portland cluster Sales Manager.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Dept. of it ain’t over ’till it’s over.

This is close to the Portland market (which is why it’s worth mentioning here), how close depends on how this all ends up. I’m still trying to figure it out, but pissing matches like this happen all the time. In short, a winner of an auctioned allocation is trying to move the assignment from Clatskanie, OR to Ford’s Prairie, WA, but a competitor is trying to stop them. Class C3 on channel 225 (92.9).

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2014/db1218/DA-14-1859A1.pdf

Chico
    Participant

I can see why the Centralia station is REALLY bitching- they are taking a station and dropping it right into their market, while calling it “rural.” Napavine is a barely existent wide spot/ truck stop, but it is only 3 miles from Centralia/ Chehalis. Like these guys really are planning to serve Napavine. To call Clatskanie LESS rural than Centrailia/Chehalis (combined pop. 35,000) is a neat subterfuge of the Rural Radio rules. But that’s why they all have lawyers….

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

VINCENT SHIFLET is selling K229AD/YAKIMA, WA, to BUSTOS MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC for $25,000 plus an LMA before closing at a rate of $1 per month. The translator will rebroadcast Regional Mexican KDYK-A (LA GRAN D)/UNION GAP-YAKIMA.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

VINCENT SHIFLET has closed on the sale of K229AD/YAKIMA, WA, to BUSTOS MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC for $25,000. The translator will rebroadcast Regional Mexican KDYK-A (LA GRAN D)/UNION GAP-YAKIMA.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

BUTTERFIELD BROADCASTING CORPORATION is selling K291BS/RICHLAND, WA to ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for $30,000 ($10,000 cash down, $20,000 in a promissory note).

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.