Washington State Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Washington State Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

I believe that the Bullitt sisters put KING-FM into a trust, insuring that Classical music would remain on the Seattle airwaves forever. It had something to do with a company called “Beethoven” but remained a commercial station until quite recently. It is now non-commercial.

paulwalker
    Participant

Entirely possible, as I was going on a Wiki article, which we all agree are not always accurate. The fact that KING-FM moved into the old KING-AM space tells a lot. Not sure if this space was leased or donated, but KING-FM remains a popular radio choice among Seattle radio listeners. Not sure about the commercial/non-commercial situation of the station back then, all I know is my late Dad loved it, and I’m sure others did and continue to today.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In filings with the FCC, RADIO STATION KMJY, LLC has filed for a Silent STA for KGZG-F/NEWPORT, WA and booster KGZG-FM-1/SPOKANE, WA “in order to re-construct, replace obsolete and dysfunctional equipment, and to locate the FM1 booster to a better suited site.”

Andy Brown
    Participant

LOW POWER FM APPLICATIONS FOR ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION PERMIT DISMISSED

WA BNPL-20131022ANY NEW 193401 CENTRO CRISTIANO ZION MINISTERIOS LLAMADA FINAL Low Power FM CP New Station.

E 92.9 MHZ PASCO, WA

WA BNPL-20131107APM NEW 192898 IGLESIA DE CRISTO ‘CASA DE RESTAURACION’ Low Power FM CP New Station.

E 92.9 MHZ KENNEWICK, WA

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Radio Insight reports Spokane’s 96.1 FM is returning to country and former “Kix” name:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/88598/power-spokane-returns-to-country/

paulwalker
    Participant

^^^ My old co-hort in Anchorage, Bill (Stu) Stewart was running “Power” in Spokane. I don’t see him on the website, so I assume he is another CC casualty, though he was co-hosting the KGOT Anchorage morning show from Spokane. Anything on Bill?

Boss_Radio_1550
    Participant

FCC busts Incidental Radiator dork in Woodenville.

http://www.fcc.gov/document/thomas-edward-rogers

boisebill
    Participant

96.1 KIIX HD1 says it’s “ROCK”

And the HD2 is still rhythmic/dance (“ROCK” on the HD ID)

Now that compliments the HD1 Country format.

Did I ever tell you how much I hate driving through Spokane?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LEWIS COUNTY GOSPEL ECHO is selling K249CQ/PACKWOOD, WA to CHEHALIS VALLEY EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION for $100. [K249CQ went on the air in 1987]

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

SATNAM MEDIA GROUP INC. is selling South Asian daytimer KRPA-A/OAK HARBOR, WA to NEW AGE MEDIA LTD. for $85,000. NEW AGE is also buying AC KWLE-A (1340 THE WHALE)/ANACORTES, WA from SAN JUAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for $480,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

WEST VALLEY TRANSLATOR ASSOCIATION has requested a Silent STA for K201AS/YAKIMA, WA due to “interference received from a primary station.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

MOSES LAKE TRANSLATOR ASSOCIATION has closed on the sale of K208BY/MOSES LAKE, WA to CENTRO FAMILIAR CRISTIANO for $20,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

JOHN BYERS has closed on the sale of FM translator K221BI/EAST WENATCHEE, WA to MCC RADIO, LLC for $45,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH is selling noncommercial Religion KWFJ / ROY, WA to BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC. for $100,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CATHOLICS IN ACTION has closed on the donation of noncommercial KYTR/UNION GAP, WA to SACRED HEART RADIO, INC.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.