Washington State Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Washington State Radio Happenings

This topic contains 392 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Young 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 393 total)
  • Author

Chico
    Participant

Oh, I wasn’t pulling your chain, Mr. Adams. Rather figured as much, actually. I just find it kind of funny that Weston is the COL, that’s all. We always thought of Weston (pop.670) as “that cute little old town tucked down there in the crack between two rather large hills” on the way up to Spout Springs ski area and Tollgate.

If your “target city” is Walla, then your aspirations are, umm, fairly low. I guarantee the 240 watts they are running on that translator will do a good job of covering the 40,000 souls in that valley. Our “162 throbbing watts of stereo gristle” on student run KWCW did just fine. And still does. Thank my old roomie for THAT fine motto, BTW.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Sometimes a station will use a larger community as its base knowing full well it doesn’t reach with great reception but looks good on paper. Sometimes it’s not the station but a network which will do this to make their stations look like they’re doing a bigger job.

I remember when KCYX McMinnville was the Portland affiliate for “The Larry King Show.” 1kw directional from McMinnville was hardly heard in Portland at night with terrible interference.

semoochie
    Participant

Was this before KEX had it? I thought it was the replacement for Herb Jepko and they jumped on it right away.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

On September 25, 1987 KCYX became Portland’s affiliate for “The Larry King Show”. KUPL had dropped the show in Spring 1987. On November 30, 1987 KCYX’s Larry King domination ended when KXL picked up the show, beginning the program at 11:06pm. KCYX listeners still heard Larry two hours before KXL.

semoochie
    Participant

It must be another phantom memory although not quite as strong as some. I thought he was on KEX that whole time.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LYLE E. DODGE has closed on the assignment of the construction permits for FM translators K295BT/WAPATO, WA and K283BX and K291BV/MABTON, WA to ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for assumption of legal, engineering, and FCC fees.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KZIU Flips To Bob FM

ENVISION RADIO NETWORKS and KROEGER MEDIA INC. help KZIU/WALLA WALLA, WA flip to Adult Hits BOB FM.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Three New Markets, One Affiliate Shift For Kim Komando Show

WESTSTAR MULTIMEDIA ENTERTAINMENT’s “THE KIM KOMANDO SHOW” has added three new markets and has moved to a new affiliate in a fourth market.

Adding the weekend tech show are MERLIN Talk WWIQ (IQ 106.9)/PHILADELPHIA, WILLAMETTE BROADCASTING Talk KYKN-A/SALEM-KEIZER, OR, and SONOMA MEDIA GROUP Talk KSRO-A/SANTA ROSA, CA.

And in SPOKANE, the show is moving from CLEAR CHANNEL Talk KQNT-A to MORGAN MURPHY Talk KXLY-A on AUGUST 4th.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Kevin Krueger New GM At WGTS

WASHINGTON ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY Contemporary Christian WGTS (91.9)/WASHINGTON DC has selected KEVIN KRUEGER as GM, filling the void left by the untimely passing of JOHN KONRAD in JANUARY 2013.

KRUEGER comes to WGTS from “sister” station UPPER COLUMBIA MEDIA Contemporary Christian KGTS (91.3)/WALLA WALLA WA, and will be moving to the new challenge with his wife, LISA, and their two children.

KEVIN explains to ALL ACCESS, “I’m humbled by what lies ahead. The opportunities to serve others and share CHRIST are huge. I feel fortunate to be joining a team of professionals and student interns that know their craft. The change is a hard one, we have deep roots in the INLAND NORTHWEST, but it’ll be good to take all I’ve learned here and take it to our nation’s capital to encourage and bless people.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KGY Knocked Off Air In Storm

KGY, INC. Talk KGY-A/OLYMPIA, WA has been knocked off the air by storm damage to the station’s transmitter.

The station posted a message to Facebook on SATURDAY, saying, “Storm damage appears to have causes a transmitter problem on AM 1240 KGY… Engineers are working on the issue, which will take some time to resolve.” The message advises listeners to listen online. KGY’s transmitter and antenna are in a parking lot next to PUGET SOUND and near the station’s unusual studio building, built over the water.

puddoc1
    Participant

Was thru Centralia yesterday and 102.9 is not simulcasting KJR any more. Playing decent Not AC and a good signal from Longview to Tacoma.

s12dxer
    Participant

Looks like 102.9 KNBQ is now HotAC KYNW “NOW 102.9”

semoochie
    Participant

I think you’ll find this in the “Seattle” thread.

paulwalker
    Participant

Anyone have a contact with Bill Bradley? Is he still involved in south Sound stations?

Gross
    Participant

Paul…I think he is out of South Sound but still lives in Olympia.

bill.bradley.olympia@facebook.com

G

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.