Virginia violence met by Trump indifference

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Virginia violence met by Trump indifference

This topic contains 70 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Langston 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

Trump doesn’t really seem to care about racial terrorism.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-charlottesville-statement/index.html

Still playing to his base of alt-right and white nationalists.

Langston
    Participant

Trump is afraid to call White Supremacist Terrorism by its name.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Langston.

Andrew
    Participant

Trump has been too busy not condemning the mosque bombing in Minnesota last week to condemn the latest violence.

skeptical
    Participant

DING! It’s official:

Broadway
    Participant

From Franklin Graham’s Facebook page….

Shame on the politicians who are trying to push blame on President Trump for what happened in #Charlottesville, VA. That’s absurd. What about the politicians such as the city council who voted to remove a memorial that had been in place since 1924, regardless of the possible repercussions? How about the city politicians who issued the permit for the lawful demonstration to defend the statue? And why didn’t the mayor or the governor see that a powder keg was about to explode and stop it before it got started? Instead they want to blame President Donald J. Trump for everything. Really, this boils down to evil in people’s hearts. Satan is behind it all. He wants division, he wants unrest, he wants violence and hatred. He’s the enemy of peace and unity. I denounce bigotry and racism of every form, be it black, white or any other. My prayer is that our nation will come together. We are stronger together, and our answers lie in turning to God. It was good to hear that several Virginia and Charlottesville leaders attended church today at Mt. Zion. CNN said, “The racial divides that fueled Saturday’s violence were replaced by unity Sunday…” Continue to pray for peace and for all those impacted by Saturday’s tragedies.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Graham is a racist.

Andrew
    Participant

Franklin Graham is intentionally trying to change the subject to a “strawman” – arguing against what people aren’t even saying.

People are angry at Trump not because they hold him responsible for the violence but because he hasn’t spoken up against the white supremacists who caused it. Instead, he issued an intentionally watered down statement pretending that “both sides” were responsible for it. Bullshit; only one side was violent. Condemn it. Even Ted Cruz did.

lastday
    Participant

Trump is unable or unwilling to look straight at the camera and unequivocally say he renounces all neo-nazis, white supremacists, alt-right, etc, and doesn’t want their support.

The good news is he might be about to throw Bannon under he train.

Andrew
    Participant

I suspect Trump intentionally avoids condemning a bombing at a mosque or white supremacist violence not just because of how his base feels but because he knows it will drive liberals nuts – and he knows his base loves THAT! In other words: I think he’s trolling.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Per Franklin Graham, the White supremacists could use, “the Devil made me do it,” as an excuse for their behavior.

skeptical
    Participant

Broad sez: “My prayer is that our nation will come together. We are stronger together, and our answers lie in turning to God.”

Which one is you Broad?

Broadway
    Participant

Vitalogy
    Participant

White Nationalists Are Lovin’ Trump’s Delayed Condemnation Of Hate Groups.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-nationalists-are-lovin-trumps-delayed-condemnation-of-hate-groups/ar-AAq4WAI

William Johnson, head of the white nationalist American Freedom Party,who bankrolled robocalls for Trump during the campaign, shared a similar interpretation of Trump’s Monday remarks.

“Donald Trump’s most recent condemnation of racism was also good and was appropriate as the head of our entire country,” Johnson wrote TPM in an email. “I note that he condemned all racism INCLUDING that coming from the KKK and neo-nazis. The use of the word ‘including’ indicates that he believes there is a larger, over-arching source of racism besides those groups named.”

Johnson went on to say he believes white people face more racism than non-whites.

“This is because whites have, by and large, been conditioned to suppress racist thoughts,” he wrote. “Saturday’s deadly act in Charlotteville [sic] by the angry white driver with the lead foot proves this fact. Acts of violence by whites are proportionally fewer that by many other groups. His act sets the nationalist movement back considerably.”

“I am pleased with what Donald Trump said,” Johnson added. “The only solution for the festering racism of this country is separation and the creation of a white ethnostate.”

Vitalogy
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.