Vaccinated?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Do we know how big the anti vaxxers were before the pandemic? I’m curious as to how much that group has grown, if at all.

lastday
    Participant

What I’m observing in Eugene after Lane County was moved back to Extreme Risk:

Not much.

Some eateries haven’t bothered to take down their signs saying Inside Seating Available. Don’t know if they’re flouting the rules or just tired of changing that sign.

With relatively good weather lately, outdoor seating has really taken off.

Masking seems same as for the last six months or more.

Demand for vaccinations has fallen. I think this is Oregon’s final big push to get as many people vaccinated as possible. In June or July they’ll throw their hands up (along with the rest of the country) and admit they’ve done as much as possible and lift most if not all restrictions. We’ll all be on our own. Of course this has already been telegraphed by officials.

BTW I think at this point, paying people to get vaccinated is a great idea. If a box of Krispy Kreme donuts is what it takes to get fools vaccinated, then free donuts for everyone. (That’s a real thing if you haven’t heard.)

paulwalker
    Participant

Those who refuse vaccinations are, and have always been, part of the problem. Fortunately, history has shown this to be a small percentage of the population. But not with covid. Record low acceptance of the vaccine. I blame a couple of things for this. First, a general distrust of government. Second, an agenda from the previous potus who never really had a serious plan to fight it. Just an utter failure from 45.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Those who refuse vaccinations are, and have always been, part of the problem.

One-hundred-percent agreed. The Master of Disaster was finally able to get the first dose at Tower Mall in Vancouver recently. The paperwork asked for minimal information. Lots of Oregon plates there. People were walking up to the entrance. A few were either wearing plastic shields and even nothing over their faces at all. They all appeared to have received the vaccine anyhow. They had paramedics standing by in case of severe allergic reaction.

As far as the Master of Disaster is concerned, unless someone has a bona fide and professionally-diagnosed life-sustaining medical reason, there is otherwise no excuse not to get the vaccine. Those who cite “religion” need to take a step back and realize they live in a country that gives them a right to practice that religion. Those who cite “freedom” need to take a step back and realize they live in a country that gives them the right to make that claim. I could go on, but it all comes down to the fact the United States gave them the right to make that statement, but they don’t have a right to be correct or uninformed.

Broadway
    Participant

In discussions with friends/family about the topic of reasons for not getting vac’d is they think their immune systems are strong enough to ward off getting infected…or they’ve had covid already…nothing political or religious.
    Wife and I got vaccinated last March with no problems.

Andrew
    Participant

Broadway: “In discussions with friends/family about the topic of reasons for not getting vac’d is they think their immune systems are strong enough to ward off getting infected…or they’ve had covid already”

This kind of thinking infuriates me. How can they be so dim not to understand that they might give it to someone whose immune system is NOT strong enough??? That’s the point of getting vaccinated: to stop the spread, not just protect yourself. The reason Covid spreads so easily is that people get infected and are highly contagious before they develop symptoms, if they develop them at all. Incredibly selfish!!!!

Andy Brown
    Participant

More stupid than selfish IMO.

It’s not “political” on the surface, but it is because the 23%rs are incredibly naive when it comes to anything scientific. They are that way because they have been herded into a mentality that rejects anything coming out of Washington D.C. if it’s not out of the mouth of the big orange hemorrhoid himself. It has been a true evolution of ignorance and stupidity. Not to mention that the majority of the conservative half of government have lost their minds, totally.

It’s sad that many will die due to the stupidity of other Americans. Add to that all that have already passed away because of the orange turd’s avarice and lust for power.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

And we all know the world is really flat. 🤕

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.