US deficit rises 26% to $984 billion

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  missing_kskd 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

Sanders would raise everyone’s taxes. It’s easy to raise taxes. It’s not easy to deliver on a promises that “your health care costs will go down more than your tax increases.” You can pass a law raising income taxes by 10% across the board. You can’t pass a law cutting the price of health care by 12% – you can only hope your cost projections are right. What if they aren’t?

But – maybe you’re on to something here. If, in my judgement, Sanders or Warren won’t make life better for millions of Americans, then maybe I’ll “sit this one out.” Maybe millions of us should not vote in 2020 if Sanders or Warren is the nominee? I mean, sure it would be awful if Trump got re-elected to appoint more Supreme Court justices making reforms even harder in the future – but at least I don’t have to feel like I helped elect someone who would make things worse than I want them to be.

missing_kskd
    Participant

For me, and all the people making too little to tax, let them bump the rate. Screaming deal. I can handle the tax bump. No brainer.

For many, also including me, universal coverage means an end to exorbitant pricing for sick people. Have lived with that shit, paying way too much for years.

For many, not including me, medication costs will make sense. People paying $1k / month for insulin will definitely benefit.

There are solid reasons why what we do now makes no sense and is killing people. Damn near killed some of my people. Did kill one of my wife’s loved ones. It is an increasingly cruel, toxic system. Unacceptable.

Small business everywhere will benefit, and can better compete with bigger firms.

It goes on and on.

No more selfish than, say Vitalogy, right?

The numbers siding with me are far greater than those pining for private coverage.

Right. Moving on now.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.