US Border Patrol now stopping people far inland

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things US Border Patrol now stopping people far inland

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Down in California and Arizona, the Department of Homeland Security border patrol sets up make-shift check stations about 50 to 100 miles from the Mexican border.

In this disturbing video here’s what happens to an American family that wasn’t even close to Mexico* and was just going home from the doctor and refused to answer unconstitutional questions.

https://youtu.be/bwR2CV6uSdQ

*Location apparently north of El Centro, California on highway 86 west of the Salton Sea, about 50 highway miles from the US/Mexican border.

missing_kskd
    Participant

That is out of control!

Now, the guy didn’t handle himself as well as he could have. Others, who are dealing with these people seem to have better luck. After a review, his hostility is the difference between this interaction and many others.

What I wonder is how the legality has changed, or if this particular unit just is more aggressive.

If it were me, I would absolutely litigate this.

From the YouTube comments:

On March 12, 2015, at around 10:54 am, the driver of a Chevrolet Cavalier approached the El Centro Sector Highway 86 checkpoint where a Border Patrol K-9 detection team produced a positive alert to the vehicle for contraband. Because of this alert for contraband, the male driver was directed by agents to the secondary inspection area for a more thorough examination of the car. The man failed to follow the agents directions to drive to secondary and was removed from the vehicle. Agents searched the vehicle and discovered a small testable amount of marijuana under the driver’s seat. The California Highway Patrol was called to the scene where an CHP officer conducted a roadside sobriety test on the driver as a precaution. The driver was eventually released without any charge

Vitalogy
    Participant

The driver certainly didn’t help himself with his attitude.

And all of this over a small nugget of weed that’s probably been under the seat for 6 months?

National legalization can’t come soon enough. What a waste of resources.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Totally!

I agree the driver asked for it. There are much better, and proven, ways to handle a scenario like this.

While I think the exercise is over the top and ripe for reform, that driver really didn’t help his cause at all.

Hopefully the battle on weed is going to see a swift end. The amount of harm and the cost of it is absolutely nuts, and it won’t do one bit of good. If any good were possible, given what we’ve spent and done, we would have seen it and we did not see it.

Like the Iraq war, the war on weed is lost. Was lost from the beginning and the sooner we come to acceptance on that and much better, more human policy the better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.