U.S. won't file charges against George Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin death

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things U.S. won't file charges against George Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin death

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jerry1949
    Spectator

If I pick a fight with someone and start pushing him around and we end up in a scuffle, it’s my fault and he has a right to defend himself. If the fight takes a nasty turn and I’m being owned and make it apparent that I’m giving up, then he must stop or adjust the defensive force to an appropriate level. But if he doesn’t and begins to bash my head into a wall and I fear for my life, I have the right to use lethal force to stop him, even though I started the fight.

missing_kskd
    Participant

So Zimmerman says. The other guy is dead, so we will never know.

What we do know is Zimmerman initiated this when it was not necessary, and Martin did nothing to warrant any of this.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Bashing someone’s head into a sidewalk is “nothing”?

Listener_Pete
    Participant

So Zimmerman says. The other guy is dead, so we will never know.
    Sorry Missing, the jury judged Zimmerman “not guilty”

Vitalogy
    Participant

LP, you are sorely mistaken. Zimmerman was stalking Martin. Zimmerman started the confrontation. Had Zimmerman just minded his own business Trayvon would have walked home, unarmed, and alive.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The jury said OJ was not guilty too.

It doesn’t change what happened. Zimmerman killed an unarmed kid.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

LP, you are sorely mistaken. Zimmerman was stalking Martin. Zimmerman started the confrontation. Had Zimmerman just minded his own business Trayvon would have walked home, unarmed, and alive

I agree that if Zimmerman minded his own business Trayvon would be alive today. However, it was Trayvon who confronted Zimmerman and he landed on top of Zimmerman. At another Forum I saw this all played out maps, time lines and witnesses.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

The jury said OJ was not guilty too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

Vitalogy
    Participant

Check your O levels and get back to us. Zimmerman was in pursuit of Trayvon as documented by the recorded 911 calls.

Zimmerman started the pursuit and finished it off with a bullet because Trayvon was black and wore a hoody.

Anytime an unarmed person is gunned down, there are a lot of problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.