U.S. economy added 295,000 jobs in February

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things U.S. economy added 295,000 jobs in February

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

The nation added 295,000 jobs last month, according to government data released Friday morning, extending a labor market boom that is powering the U.S. economy.

The unemployment rate fell to 5.5 percent, a new post-recession low, though part of that stemmed from a shrinking workforce.

For 12 months in a row, the United States has added at least 200,000 jobs ā€” a sustained pace of hiring unmatched since 1994 and 1995. The net job growth in February was above market expectations, despite a frigid winter in the Northeast.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/06/u-s-economy-added-295000-jobs-in-february/

I blame Obama! This guy really hates Merica! Best pace of hiring since the mid 90’s? What??

NoParty
    Participant

Vit, don’t you know that if it’s good news for America the CONs don’t care.

NEXT!

jerry1949
    Spectator

CNSNews.com) – The labor force participation rate hovered between 62.9 percent and 62.7 percent in the eleven months from April 2014 through February, and has been 62.9 percent or lower in 13 of the 17 months since October 2013.

Prior to that, the last time the rate was below 63 percent was 37 years ago, in March 1978 when it was 62.8 percent, the same rate it was in February.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/628-labor-force-participation-has-hovered-near-37-year-low-11-months

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yeah, it takes a while to recover from bad policy. Takes even longer when we’ve got an opposition party completely uninterested in governing.

Deane Johnson
    Participant
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

TOTAL NET EMPLOYMENT GAINS IN THE U.S. ā€” SINCE THE RECESSION ā€” STILL WENT TO FOREIGN-BORN

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/06/total-net-employment-gains-in-the-u-s-since-the-recession-still-went-to-foreign-born/

duxrule
    Participant

Breitbart and CNS are “dubious” sources, at best. Other factors are also at play, particularly at a management level. People figured out how to do more with less, so they’re not rehiring.

Brianl
    Participant

Oh Dux, let them play in their sandbox. All I know is this (and it affects me personally, and I see it daily): air travel is at record numbers. Guess what literally the first thing to drop at the first sign of the economy hitting the skids? Air travel.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

So duxrule, you aren’t disputing the numbers, only the site posting them. That’s usually the last ditch effort to try and spin the results.

NoParty
    Participant

So what you’re saying Deane is the economy is going in the right direction.

Thanks!

NoParty
    Participant

How many BIG businesses moved their labor force to FOREIGN lands before and after the recession? How many manufacturing jobs have left for overseas during/after the recession?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Deane, are you refuting the argument that the US economy is not doing well right now?

The labor participation stat is meaningless. Of course we would have less of the population working than before. Baby Boomers are retiring! Duh!

Bottom line, the economy is full speed ahead. 55% chance the Fed raises rates by .25% in June. That says it all.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I’m making the argument that the economy is limping along, improving very slightly.

I think you’ll find that if you were to break down these jobs, they aren’t all that great. Flipping burgers is hardly the road to the promised land.

Let’s face it, you’ve got a President who is so inadequate that you’ll grasp at anything to try and make him look passable.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The economy is doing as good as it’s done since the late 90’s. All the data show this.

And, the Fed wouldn’t even think about raising the Federal Funds rate if the economy wasn’t doing very well.

NoParty
    Participant

Deane said>>>>
    Iā€™m making the argument that the economy is limping along, improving very slightly.

But improving none the less right? Under your guy things when to shit and the hogs ate America. RIGHT?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.