TV Digitnet Changes For 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    washnotore
    Participant

Cheddar Network decided not to renew their deal with HC2 Bcst. Due to last spring stay at home orders hit their studios in New York.

So they combined their 3 Business/News/Top Stories channels into one single remotely produced Cheddar feed. Much of this could be seen on Cheddar Youtube Channel.

Over the summer they decided to make the single feed permanent and drop their paywall, so they no longer saw the need to continue to pay HC2 for OTA carriage on a bunch of LPTV and Class A stations.

Cheddar was carried on HC2 owned KUSE-LD in Seattle for a short time. Could have been carried in Portland, but never was.

semoochie
    Participant

That sounds familiar. I think I get it on my LG channels. There are about 200 of them and they’re free!

washnotore
    Participant

Two new Diginet’s have appeared on KOXI-CD.

20.2 New Tang Dynasty Television… Is based in New York. Programing consist of national and world news.

20.4 beIN Sports Xtra in Spanish… The HC2 owned network also has English version as well.

mwdxer1
    Participant

2021/2022 should be interesting as far as the diginets. I have no idea what Gray TV will do with KPTV/KPDX, but as others have stated, I am sure Circle will be added. I checked several stations they own, I do not see Cozi as one of their diginets. Most carry a lot of SCRIPPS diginets. I am sure that will change where there is an ION station in the market. Many diginets like Antenna TV & METV are on Gray’s stations, but both are taken in Portland.
    Then 6.3 Bounce and 32.3 Crime should change too. Rewind will take one of the spots.

yahmit
    Participant

I noticed that KPDX has turned off 49.2 (Court) and 49.4 (Grit). Must be some changes in the works.

mwdxer1
    Participant

That is interesting. I just checked out here on the North Coast and Mystery 49.2 and Grit 49.4 are still there. Maybe some glitch earlier? What I had read earlier that Meredith’s contracts with SCRIPPS will not be coming up until 2022. If Grey buys them, you can be sure Circle will be added as Grey owns Circle.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t think it’s possible to have a failure in some parts of the allotted frequency, without the entire channel shutting down! It must have been voluntary.

yahmit
    Participant

I agree. I just did a rescan and I am getting three signals of 49.1 and 49.3 but nothing for 49.2 or 49.4. I figure if I am getting the other 49 signals I should get .2 and .4, they must have turned them off at the transmitter.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Aren’t 49.2 and 49.4 currently hosted by KGW’s transmitter? (Also why they appear as 49.20 and 49.40 to those who can receive KGWZ-LD?) Rabbitears.info seems to think so. Since the work being done on KGW has been mentioned previously, that would explain it.

jr_tech
    Participant

“Aren’t 49.2 and 49.4 currently hosted by KGW’s transmitter?”

Correct! 49.1 and 49.3 are from ch12, 49.2 and 49.4 are from ch8 and 49.20 and 49.40 are from ch23, according to my Vizio tv tuner.

Sergi
    Participant

https://youtu.be/sXBu3vLQLzQ

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Sergi.
    yahmit
    Participant

Ah Ha, that would definitely explain it. I have lost KGW while they are upgrading the antenna and transmitter. Way to go Master of Disaster!

msndrspdx
    Participant

Thanks for posting the link to the YouTube video, and to KGW for putting that piece on YouTube. Not mentioned is the fact that KOPB 10 had to reduce power on their transmitter while the work crew is up on that tower (KOPB’s transmitter is on that same tower). Both stations should be back to full power no later than 28 June, and I’d expect KGW to move its RF to Ch. 26 at that point. Channels 8.10, 8.20, 8.30, 49.20 and 49.40 are from KGWZ, which is simulcasting KGW’s output, including the two KPDX channels, using virtual 8 and 49 respectively. Will KGW add sub channels once they’re back to full power? And of course, we don’t know yet what Gray TV plans to do with KPTV and KPDX, once the handover from Meredith takes place. I’d assume FCC approval of that handover is coming shortly.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“KOPB’s transmitter is on that same tower”

Uh, no.

KOPB’s antenna is on that same tower. Their transmitter remains in the building at the base of the tower.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks for mentioning that KOPB has been running reduced power. That may explain that the signal to the translator out here on the coast is a bit glitzy.Here, KGW is hosting the two Meredith channels, via thew KGW translator.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.