TV Digitnet Changes For 2021

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    washnotore
    Participant

Well it looks like Titan TV Listings. Have finally reveled the new channel changes for KPXG-TV. There our only three channel changes. Everything else remain the same for now

22-1 ION Television
    22-2 Bounce TV (Tricasting with KOIN and KPDX)
    22-3 Court TV (Dualcasting With KRCW)
    22-4 Court TV Mystery (Daulcasting with KPDX)
    22-5 QVC Shopping
    22-6 HSN Shopping
    22-7 Telemundo

The shopping channels and Telemundo are staying put for now.

Bounce TV could become programed as the new ION Plus.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I wonder how long the Scripps networks will remain on KOIN KPTV-KPDX?

Master of Disaster
    Participant

I wonder how long the Scripps networks will remain on KOIN KPTV-KPDX?

The press release posted earlier in this thread on Jan. 15th stated:

The E.W. Scripps Company […] will begin to migrate its multicast networks Bounce, Court TV, Court TV Mystery, Grit and Laff to carriage on the company’s newly acquired ION stations beginning March 1. The rolling transition will continue as those networks’ affiliation agreements expire over the next five years.

So, based only in the information in the press release, the duplication is expected to continue until whichever contracts expire. It doesn’t appear the company has released any other press releases on the subject.

As of right now;
    22.1 is still ION;
    22.2 says “Bounce”, but is broadcasting Grit;
    22.3 says “CourtTV”, but is broadcasting IonPlus;
    22.4 says “Laff”, but is broadcasting paid programming.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Well it looks like Titan TV Listings. Have finally reveled the new channel changes for KPXG-TV. There our only three channel changes. Everything else remain the same for now

Well, it looks like Titan TV listings have finally revealled the new channel changes for KPXG-TV. There are only three channel changes. Everything else remains the same for now.

washnotore
    Participant

After some tweaking with local ION stations. All network programing is current according to PSIP data on KPXG-TV.

22-4 is now Laff not Court TV Mastery.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by washnotore.
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I know it has been a couple years since KOIN switched Decades to Bounce. Apparently it was on all the Nexstar stations. KOIN got many complaints, but Nexstar made the change. KOIN has no choice on what diginets are carried according to what I was told. I presume the other stations are in the same boat. So, if Nexstar has a 5 year contract with SCRIPPS then there will be duplication for another 3 years? That sounds crazy, but contracts are contracts. Don’t know when Meredith got Laff, Mystery, or Grit. So who knows how that that contract will last? Bummer, we have to wait all that time to get something new, which a waste of the air waves with duplication. Bounce is on KOIN, KPDX, and KPXG. Three copes of the same channel….

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Qubo went bye-bye nationally as of the end of February:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubo

boisebill
    Participant

Boise’s started the shift.
    Channels moved, duplicated, missing, misidentified.
    What a mess.

washnotore
    Participant

Scripps To Launch Two New Free TV Networks
    Doozy and Defy TV Multicast Networks

https://scripps.com/press-releases/scripps-to-launch-two-new-free-tv-networks/

yahmit
    Participant

So can anyone in the Salem area pick up KJWY-LD. As mentioned in the previous post, I am about 3 -4 miles SE of the tower in Eola Hills, and the longley-rice map says I should pick it up with an indoor antenna. I have an outdoor one. I also notice the station isn’t listed yet on the website shown above and rabbit ears still shows it broadcasting religious networks. I am curious if it is actually broadcasting yet. I called Sagamorehill in NY and they claim is is on the air, but were surprised that I couldn’t receive it. Ther were going to call engineering to find out what is going on and supposed to get back to me and haven’t yet.

semoochie
    Participant

Unless you live near Turner, I don’t see any issue. The current license has been in effect since last August.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Speaking of Diginets, Locast is now operating in Portland. I checked them out. They have 39-40 Portland stations. But it looks like THIS and RTV are missing. Yet they do have some LPTV stations included. Is THIS still on 5.2?

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Excellent news about Locast. Entirely possible their receiving antenna, wherever it is, doesn’t receive KWVT. And/or they’ve been asked not to retransmit it, I obviously wouldn’t know.

This TV hasn’t been available in Portland since CW32 dropped it.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks for the update. Some listings still has a 5.2 THIS. It is worth the $5 a month for the back up as sometimes there are issues with the translators. I do know that Locast has added new channels in markets, so RTV may show up in time. I have no idea where their antenna is either. They have 2/6/8/10/12/22/24/32/47/49. A couple others running shopping channels, Youtoo, AMG, Azteca, etc. But no RTV.

Chico
    Participant

I tried Locast last fall and it worked fine until I actually wanted it to- high demand broadcasts like the Seahawks. Then it would buffer horribly, pixelate like mad, freeze, etc. They just didn’t seem to have the capacity necessary for this type of viewing. For your average diginet/ local news/ ABC sitcom programming I think they would be fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.