TV Digitnet Changes For 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    washnotore
    Participant

TV Digitnet Changes For 2021

Last Year Scripps Broadcasting bought ION Television. There are plans in the works. To bring all Katz programing to KPXG-TV. During the course of this year nationwide.

Kazt programing is currently seen locally on Meredith owned KPTV/KPDX. Once there moved over to KPXG-TV. Meredith will have to find some new digitnet to programing. Currently not shown in Portland.

Our first digitnet changes for 2021. Is on HC2 Bcst owned KOXO-CD. Buzzr game show network is now on the air. It replaced one of HC2 Infomercials channels.

I recalled a few threads back on the board. That Buzzr was on the list of requested digitnet for Portland.

Happy Viewing

mwdxer1
    Participant

I am hoping someone will add Decades. I have missed it since KOIN dropped it. According to the station, it was not their idea. Nexstar calls the shots and the local stations have little to say. Do we really need Bounce on two stations? With many diginets Portland does not have, I don’t see why there should be duplication. Out here on the coast we do not have Charge! OTA, but it is available on the STIRR app along with other diginets. Unfortunately Decades does not stream.

DarkStar
    Participant

I shared this over on the Towers & Such 2021 thread, but it’s appropriate here too:

On January 31st (not sure of the time), Stadium on KATU 2.4 will be swapping with TBD on KUNP-LD 47.2 (KUNP 16.2).

I have no idea if/when TBD will be leaving KRCW 32.4.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Not a big deal here as TBD, Stadium, Charge, etc all stream.

washnotore
    Participant

Changes are coming to KPXG-TV on March 1. It looks likes a lot of dual casting will be around for awhile.

https://scripps.com/press-releases/scripps-takes-first-steps-to-realize-ion-synergies-with-multicast-networks-move/

Not sure who will pickup Telemundo.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I wonder when the contracts will expire, so we will get new diginets?

washnotore
    Participant

I also read somewhere. That all Scripps/ION owned stations. Are getting new encoders soon. KPXG-TV subchannels will go from 528 X 480i. To the more common 720 X 480i resolution. Everything should be in place by March 1. Still waiting to hear where Telemundo will go.

Screamer
    Participant

I wish Comcast would carry KWVT in HD. I am guessing KWVT is kinda strangled from getting more programming because the cable outlet won’t carry their primary station in HD. At least, it seems like it is hard to sell ads when only cord-cutters can get you in HD.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I still have Dish as they carry a lot of diginets that I could not get like Start, H&I, etc. They also have some of the Scripps channels like Grit and Bounce too. Dish carries METV, Comet, Get TV,Cozi, etc. Fortunately I can now get Antenna TV OTA since the stacking happened last Fall. But I still am missing Decades. Movies and THIS are also missing, but neither I am all that interested in. THIS dropped most of their TV shows and Movies just carries movies. More and more are streaming, so maybe Decades may also stream in the future. It would be nice.
    Sinclair has STIRR streaming and most of their channels are available like Stadium, Comet, etc.

washnotore
    Participant

Nexstar is apparently starting an Antenna TV spinoff network that will exclusively focus on shows from the 80s and 90s. That was the idea Tribune had few years. Before the sale with Sinclair than over to Nexstar began.

So this Antenna TV clone could also end up on KOIN or KRCW. Which will lose Bounce and Court TV to KPXG. TBD has already been reassigned a full power home on KATU.

I should note. KIRO-TV owner Terrier Media has dropped GetTV from there lineup. KOIN is still show GetTV for the time being.

washnotore
    Participant

I did a TSReader Lite scan on KPXG-TV. It looks like a new encoder has been install. ION main channel is in 1280 x 720p. All of the current five subchannels have been upgrade to 720 x 480i stream.

Poor old Telemundo stream is at 528 x 480i. So it will get dropped by the end of month. There is a Telemundo Portland webpage. Showing programing information is Spanish. As well receiving Telemundo from providers. Once over the air goes away for awhile.

Where starting to get our first look at the new channel lineup. From other locations around American.

Dot 1 will still be ION Television
    Dot 3 Will become Court TV
    Dot 5 Will become Laff

boisebill
    Participant

In Boise Telemundo’s 1920×1080 on a “full power” station.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Interesting that Scripps is moving Laff & Court TV so fast to ION. I wonder when the contracts will be up for Meredith then? We will lose those OTA, as ION has no translators. Fortunately Laff, Bounce, etc are on Dish. Right now as I type this, our translators on the North Coast are all off. I presume a power outage during the freezing rain last night. 45F on the North Coast to day, so hopefully our translators will be back on soon. I did stream the KGW News at 11 last night as I have it on the Roku.

washnotore
    Participant

Down in Mid Valley south of Portland. Sagamorehill Broadcasting owned KJWY-LP RF 36 in Salem. Is now transmitting and rebroadcasting Reach High/Luken Networks. Who owns Retro, Heartland, Action, Rev’n and Family.

This information can be found under the web site called Get After It Media.

https://www.getafteritmedia.com/

KJWY-LD is transmitting a signal out of Salem west hills. Towards Albany/ Corvallis. There signal can not go north. Due to KKEI-CD Portland coverage area also on RF 36.

A while back a few of these small LPTV broadcasters acquired a bunch of old TBN’s rural translators and are in the process of converting them to digital LPTV stations and moving them to new cities.

yahmit
    Participant

Have they turned on the transmitter? I live about 3 miles SE from the KJWY-LD Transmitter and I am not receiving anything yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.