TV Digitnet Changes For 2021

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    washnotore
    Participant

TV Digitnet Changes For 2021

Last Year Scripps Broadcasting bought ION Television. There are plans in the works. To bring all Katz programing to KPXG-TV. During the course of this year nationwide.

Kazt programing is currently seen locally on Meredith owned KPTV/KPDX. Once there moved over to KPXG-TV. Meredith will have to find some new digitnet to programing. Currently not shown in Portland.

Our first digitnet changes for 2021. Is on HC2 Bcst owned KOXO-CD. Buzzr game show network is now on the air. It replaced one of HC2 Infomercials channels.

I recalled a few threads back on the board. That Buzzr was on the list of requested digitnet for Portland.

Happy Viewing

mwdxer1
    Participant

I am hoping someone will add Decades. I have missed it since KOIN dropped it. According to the station, it was not their idea. Nexstar calls the shots and the local stations have little to say. Do we really need Bounce on two stations? With many diginets Portland does not have, I don’t see why there should be duplication. Out here on the coast we do not have Charge! OTA, but it is available on the STIRR app along with other diginets. Unfortunately Decades does not stream.

DarkStar
    Participant

I shared this over on the Towers & Such 2021 thread, but it’s appropriate here too:

On January 31st (not sure of the time), Stadium on KATU 2.4 will be swapping with TBD on KUNP-LD 47.2 (KUNP 16.2).

I have no idea if/when TBD will be leaving KRCW 32.4.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Not a big deal here as TBD, Stadium, Charge, etc all stream.

washnotore
    Participant

Changes are coming to KPXG-TV on March 1. It looks likes a lot of dual casting will be around for awhile.

https://scripps.com/press-releases/scripps-takes-first-steps-to-realize-ion-synergies-with-multicast-networks-move/

Not sure who will pickup Telemundo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.