Trumps Muslim ban brought to you by Obama.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trumps Muslim ban brought to you by Obama.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

Interesting that the mainstream media is not reporting on this, but the media doesn’t want the public to know the truth.

skeptical
    Participant

Pull that straw out of your nose Dork. Nobody here is going to click on that link except perhaps Bacon when the library is open. Heck, you two might be sharing the same library.

edselehr
    Participant

dork is stupid.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Worse than stupid.

Willfully ignorant and mean spirited.

edselehr
    Participant

I know not all Trump voters are like dork…but quite a few are. This is a real wake-up call, and makes me concerned for our nation.

Even if Trump resigned tomorrow, there is a lot of work to do to to bring us together as a nations.

But, have we ever been such a nation? Hate and intolerance never seem to disappear, they just go underground for awhile then rise up now and again. Now is such a time.

I haven’t sorted this all out yet, but Left Wing hysteria and a crying Chuck Schumer point to something other than love and compassion for the down-trodden. It’s about politics and keeping or regaining power.

Langston
    Participant

It took 3 years for George W. Bush to hit 50% disapproval. Trump is there after 8 days.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Just wait.

It’s political theater. This shouldn’t be such a shock. We all knew this was coming.

Anytime Trump sneezes there will be protests and outrage from the liberal media and liberal politicians.

They lost and they lost big and are desperate to have their power back.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

That must be it then.

edselehr
    Participant

Bacon: “It’s not that there is an imbecile in office, it’s that the plurality of voters are jealous that he won.”

“We all knew that this was coming” – you mean Trump’s incompetent exercise of executive authority, I assume? Agreed.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Trump’s executive order is security theatre. Meaning, it’s largely the same kind of ill thought out and poorly implemented security mechanism we are subject to at an airport that may look impressive to some but in point of fact do little to anything to actually combat terrorism. It was designed to placate his supporters more than anything else. (See! I’m doing stuff!)

Trump’s executive order was also not planned well, was not vetted through the proper channels at State nor legal, nor communicated well to any of the impacted agencies or the media. The chaos has been widespread; and many of the immediate consequences had cleary not been foreseen or apparently even thought about by the Trump administration. A barely competent administration would have been prepared for all of this and taken steps beforehand.

Senate Foreign Relations chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who reportedly was a finalist to be Trump’s secretary of State, said the order was “poorly implemented” and urged the administration to make “appropriate revisions.” Senate Armed Services chairman John McCain of Arizona and Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina issued a joint statement that said they “fear this executive order will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism.”

Trump’s response? He called them some names on Twitter.

Meanwhile, the official social media of Al Qaeda gleefully posted these orders over the weekend without additional comment. Yes, Trump’s order is being used as a recruitment tool. Nice job.

The order on immigration banned refugees from entering the US for 120 days, and established an indefinite ban on Syrian refugees. But the order goes far beyond blocking refugees, and has resulted in detention of visa holders, and general confusion about foreign entry into the country. Scientists, students, and veterans who cooperated with the US military in Iraq are among those who have reportedly been detained, questioned, or denied entry into the country.

The Syrian ban is purely conservative political optics. There’s been utterly zero cases of anyone fleeing the violence in war torn Syria engaging in acts of terrorism here in the U.S. The majority of those fleeing are women and children; not secret Jihadi’ s. Regardless, despite the conservative media’s rhetoric on the subject, and the out and out lies spoken by Trump, there were *already* complex vetting and security checks being done on anyone seeking to enter the U.S.

Then of course there’s the matter of a number of countries not being impacted by the ban at all who have ties to Trump business organizations; like Saudi Arabia. The apparent conflicts in interest have only exacerbated the criticism further.

Predictably, Trump and his proxies were, yet again, lying or simply deflecting about the myriad of issues all weekend. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316699-trump-order-on-refugees-creates-chaos-confusion.

From the story:

GOP leaders remained mostly silent on the issue Saturday, but an aide to Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) denied that Trump’s order amounted to a Muslim ban, something that Trump proposed on the campaign trail in late 2015 that Ryan and other Republican leaders condemned at the time.
    “This is not a religious test and it is not a ban on people of any religion,” Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong said Saturday.

But in an interview with Christian Broadcasting Network on Friday, Trump said that Christian refugees would be given priority status for resettlement.

“They’ve been horribly treated,” he said. “Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, at least very tough, to get into the United States? If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian it was almost impossible. And the reason that was so unfair – everybody was persecuted, in all fairness – but they were chopping off the heads of everybody, but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them.”

According to a Pew Research Center report, of the nearly 85,000 refugees admitted to the U.S. in the 2016 fiscal year, 38,901 were Muslims and 37,521 were Christians – nearly equal numbers”.

So, it’s not a religious test. But, by definition, it is. And his (Trump’s) rationale is a lie. Not a lie in my opinion, a lie as proven by the facts.

Is there political advantage for Democrats in decrying these actions? Undoubtedly. Yet they would, truthfully in my opinion, argue that’s simply a positive byproduct of a position they feel is the correct one. Both in terms of forcefully speaking against actions that are of dubious legality and value; not to mention ethically and morally troubling.

I’m not against these orders because they were drafted by a Republican. I’m against these orders because they’re stupid and un-American. They’re likely to make our country less safe. There are a lot of very smart people saying the same thing. The not so smart, or helplessly, partisan over country, are another matter.

Amus
    Participant
    Andy Brown
    Participant

bacon bloviated:

“They lost and they lost big and are desperate to have their power back.”

Yes, they lost but they didn’t lose “big.”

In fact, drumpf lost the popular vote by a larger margin then ever before.
    In fact, the GOP lost seats in the Senate. Democrats +2
    In fact, the GOP lost seats in the House. Democrats +6

So much for your imbecilic embellishment of alternative facts you’d like people to believe.

Also, much to your chagrin, the Democrats aren’t going to have to do much to get their majorities and power back, as drumpf and the GOP are going to hand them the next election on a platter of malfeasance, public uproar and ineffective leadership.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Unless these assholes are actually planning on utilizing the levers of government to ensure they actually never leave office; regardless of the will of the people or popular opinion. If you muzzle the free press, restrict speech, enable arduous voting restrictions, and control most of the governmental institutions designed to provide the checks and balances outlined by our Constitution, what’s to prevent the truly unscrupulous from taking the next step?

I see more stupidity than willful malice in many of these actions as of late, but I am starting to genuinely wonder and worry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.