Trump Wins big on DACA

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Alfredo_T
    Participant

When I was in high school, I remember a program called _America, Listen!_ that aired on the local Christian television station. There is one episode that sticks in my mind where some stock footage of a compactor rolling over a mountain of trash at a landfill played while the announcer read various ghastly abortion statistics. I could not have thought of a better emotional propaganda appeal.

radiogeek
    Participant

The carefully composed picture shared is politics at it’s worst. Miscarriage is also sad. Do we condemn God for aborting fetuses through miscarriage?

I’m in agreement with those who say abortion should be rare, safe, and legal. The only credibility Vern could have here is if he were to stand up and say he is for free, easily accessible contraception.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  radiogeek.

No we don’t condemn God for allowing people to die. But it’s not our place to do the killing unless there are very good reasons, such as self defense.

If a miscarriage is “sad,” how much more sad is it to do it on purpose?

Is contraception really that hard to get? Is it really all that expensive? It’s not the be-all and end-all, however. Half of those who abort were using contraception in the month of the conception. Also, no I will not ever support immorality to prevent immorality. Contraception has led to seeing pregnancy as a disease which has led to our abortion culture. Abortion is a back-up plan for when contraception fails.

What we really need is to develop compassion for the unborn and acknowledge their moral worth and right to live, and everything else will fall into place.

Vitalogy
    Participant

You lose the argument for compassion when you are willing to deport children for being undocumented.

I would rather be deported than skewered by an abortionist.

And I never said I wanted undocumented children to be deported.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Also, no I will not ever support immorality to prevent immorality.”

It’s considered moral (the use of contraception) by the overwhelming majority of human beings on the planet and that includes Catholics, oh faux religioidus one.

Most American Catholics, including those who go to church on a regular basis, have no moral problem with contraception, the survey found.

Pew Center reports just 8 percent said contraception is morally wrong, with 89 percent saying it was either morally acceptable or not a moral issue at all.

The Catholic Church teaches that artificial contraception, such as condoms and birth control pills, is morally unacceptable.

https://www.americamagazine.org/content/dispatches/us-catholics-hold-mixed-views-religious-liberty-issues

Vitalogy
    Participant

But priests humping young boys is okay.

radiogeek
    Participant

How carefully Bacon avoided saying that contraception is murder. But it’s harder to provide a visual meme for a clump of cells than a teeny tiny proto-hand on a proto-human.

The bible also says not to spill my seed. Guess I’m damned for all the times I’ve done that.

It’s all about viability. As medicine progresses where that line should be drawn is in flux. But not where Bacon wants to draw it.

I’m really sorry folks, that baiting was too easy. I really should let this go. Perhaps something interesting regarding radio will happen and we can leave this crap for another day.

paulwalker
    Participant

If Trump winning big with DACA means working with Democrats, then he is indeed winning big. But not for any reasons mentioned in this thread. And what does abortion have to do with DACA?

Here is more proof that Trump doesn’t give a flying you know what about the GOP.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-top-democrats-agree-to-work-on-deal-to-save-%E2%80%98dreamers%E2%80%99-from-deportation/ar-AArTCow?li=BBnb7Kz

lastday
    Participant

Re DREAM

That sound you just heard might be Trump’s base being blown up.

A new political party is being born.

Amus
    Participant

A new political party is being born.

May I suggest a name for this party that has already existed in history, and is really quite appropriate?

Know-Nothing party

Know-Nothing party, byname of American Party, U.S. political party that flourished in the 1850s.
    The Know-Nothing party was an outgrowth of the strong anti-immigrant and especially anti-Roman Catholic sentiment that started to manifest itself during the 1840s.
    A rising tide of immigrants, primarily Germans in the Midwest and Irish in the East, seemed to pose a threat to the economic and political security of native-born Protestant Americans.
    In 1849 the secret Order of the Star-Spangled Banner formed in New York City, and soon after lodges formed in nearly every other major American city.

“But it’s harder to provide a visual meme for a clump of cells than a teeny tiny proto-hand on a proto-human.”

Those abortions involving a “tiny clump of cells” usually also involve that “proto-hand” as well a heart that is beating.

I was talking to a lady at church the other day who shared with me that she had an abortion when she was in her 20’s and that she believed that she was just having a “clump of cells” removed. After the doctor performed the abortion he had to make sure all the parts were there so that nothing was left which could cause some problems and he said, “yep, there’s a baby there,” which totally freaked her out. After that trauma and tragedy she’s now pro-life. That abortion was not in any way “safe” for her or for her child that died, and that it’s “rare” is laughable. 50,000,000+ since Roe v Wade is hardly rare.

“The bible also says not to spill my seed. Guess I’m damned for all the times I’ve done that.”

That’s up to God and whether you understand and see what you’ve done and whether you repent of your sins. But pro-lifers are not pushing to legislate morality–just in extending protection of life to those waiting to be born. Abortion kills. That’s why some of us want laws against it. To make it rarer and to protect innocent human beings. You can still “spill your seed” without worrying about laws prohibiting it (though I by no means encourage it).

“It’s all about viability. As medicine progresses where that line should be drawn is in flux.”

That’s an arbitrary distinction. A day before “viability” the embryo or fetus is still substantially the same being, and even a born baby is not able to live without dependency upon an adult.

“I’m really sorry folks, that baiting was too easy. I really should let this go.”

The “baiting” was done by Amus, not me. I didn’t bring up abortion. I’m not going to say any more about it in this thread, but if you want to discuss it further, we can start a new thread.

Vitalogy
    Participant

You’re not really pro-life.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Not only is bacon not really pro-life, he is not a true conservative and is a faux religious Catholic. Fake Christians proclaim the virtues of Donald Trump’s America First anti-immigrant policies and justify slashing the nation’s ‘barely there’ safety net. The results are indisputable: denying healthcare to many, taking food from the mouths of children and fattening the wealthy. Literally, these policies deny the core message of Christianity. Actions and beliefs supporting policies and people like this have lost every claim to be following Jesus. The Taliban and Saudi’s Wahhabis pretend to follow Islam; yet, they shun the message of the Prophet Muhammad. Today, Fake Christians follow a similar path but, while they may devoutly believe in something, it most certainly is not Christianity.

Look at what has happened to the national debt since we gave the Republicans control of the House of Representatives during the 2010 elections. When the new session of Congress opened in January 2011, the U.S. national debt had just passed the 14 trillion dollar mark, and now we stand poised to blow past the 20 trillion dollar mark.
    The country, in all its misplaced misguided fervor about spending, sent Republicans to Washington to control government spending, and not a single dollar can be spent without the approval of the House, but somehow close to six trillion dollars has been added to the national debt since January 2011.
    Are we supposed to believe that is “conservative”?

So Republicans and conservatives are not now, never have and will never be the same group of folks. Bacon is clinging to old guard conservatism which just isn’t the way the Republicans operate any more and bacon is also projecting his religious fakery on this board because the real Catholics including those at the top of the power ladder (Pope, the real one) are realists which bacon is not. As shown previously, the overwhelming majority of practicing Catholics as well as the real Pope, are pro-contraception to various extents, so clearly bacon missed the memo or rejects it to his discredit.

Bacon’s posts here are mostly a waste of bandwidth and lend little to nothing to the conversation. All they do is cause even more bandwidth to be wasted as his claims are refuted and discarded. Most annoying are his constant claims of being bullied and his subtle trolling wherein he takes a brief comment of someone’s long post that is secondary to the main point, and tries to hijack the thread back to his minimal list of issues on his sick and twisted agenda.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.