Trump will win in 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

I don’t know. This new proof seems pretty conclusive. We’ll see. The fat lady hasn’t sung yet.

Vitalogy
    Participant

My money is on Trump winning at this point. Democrats are a clusterfuck and I don’t believe at this point any candidate will win enough delegates. This will lead to bitterness between factions while Trump cleans up the EV while losing the popular vote by 10-15 million.

Andy Brown
    Participant

A brand new Quinnipiac poll still shows all the top candidates beating drumpf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/donald-trump-versus-democrats-2020-poll/amp

paulwalker
    Participant

OK, Andy, believe what you want. But I would not believe this poll any more than I would believe the earth is flat.

Remember this:

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2390

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump will win. KSKD’s soldiers will make sure it happens again.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“OK, Andy, believe what you want. But I would not believe this poll any more than I would believe the earth is flat.”

You’ve been dismissing everything without considering this is BEFORE there is even a definite candidate. If you add up all the blue votes spread across the spectrum of candidates and then subtract the Bernie bots, you still get a formidable block of folks that are like me, they are going to vote against drumpf. drumpf will try like hell to make this an election about voting for him vs crooked Joe or Bernie or whomever but the majority of voters aren’t going to go for it. It’s about stopping drumpf, and once the country gets through the pain and ridiculousness of primaries the discussion will mature on the blue side. You’ve been drawing your conclusions and you don’t even know who the candidate is going to be. drumpf will retune to whomever emerges, but he’s not going to be able to sway the large majority that want him gone. Personally, I think it’s ridiculous to come to all these definitive conclusions as you do when the ticket is yet to be decided. Also, if you’ve been paying attention to it, the Q poll is not a standalone. It’s been the trend for quite some time. The Feb. 2 NBC/Wall St. Journal poll gave the same results. The further back you go, the prediction is a bigger loss any major democrat hands drumpf. Since the failed impeachment, drumpf has gotten a little bounce which is to be expected but it by no means it is going to last. Haven’t you been paying attention. drumpf is going to do himself more damage between now and the election, you can count on it. You seem to be unable to separate the two issues, i.e. the Democratic nomination process and the head to head with the orange hemorrhoid in November. Get a grip!

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Trump will win. KSKD’s soldiers will make sure it happens again.”

I continue to subtract the Bernie bot percentage from all my analyses. The Democrat still wins.

“Four years ago, 12 percent of people who voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary ended up voting for Donald Trump in the general election, according to two surveys. That defection rate is not unusual; the same percentage of Republican primary voters that year ended up voting for Hillary Clinton, political scientist Brian Schaffner explained to NPR. But keeping Democrats unified after a sprawling and increasingly contentious primary season will be essential if the party is to retake the White House in November. So far, signs are not promising: A poll conducted in January by Emerson Polling found that only 53 percent of current Sanders supporters say they will definitely support the eventual Democratic nominee, even if it is not Sanders. By contrast, at least 85 percent of Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, and Elizabeth Warren supporters say they will support any Democratic nominee.”

So if Bernie, e.g., gets 24% in today’s primary, that means 12% can be added to the eventual nominee in that state. Remember, there are far more voters registered blue then red. The Democrat, any Democrat, still leads in the key states.

I haven’t forgotten drumpf won by such narrow margins in a bunch of electoral college states that there is no way he’s going to pull off again.

If you glance at the graph at the bottom of this page:

2020 Democratic Primary

you can see that all the recent brouhaha about so and so is up and so and so has crashed is mostly hyperbole generated by a media hungry for viewwers/readers but in reality, the percentages don’t seem to show much of a net change.

Super Tuesday results are the first real test. Everything over the last week and the next few weeks means very little. You said so yourself. 🙂

Deane Johnson
    Participant

You can always find a poll that will tell you exactly what you want to see. Most anyone can look at that Quinnipiac poll and realize it would be better posted on April 1st as a joke. I’m surprised it was even posted on here as something with credence.

At this point Trump would need to start spitting on people to not be a shoo-in for re-election.

However, the Bloomberg effect is not in the equation yet. Bloomberg could be the steamroller the Dems are looking for. One thing you can be sure of, the Dems are so desperate for a viable candidate, they’ll flock to Bloomberg like Tom Brady does to a football on Super Tuesday.

Bloomberg has a few skeletons hidden in his closet also and I’m sure the GOP will make sure they don’t stay hidden.

Another interesting election is upon us.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I think Bloomberg is more like the ratfucker than anything else. I think his presence in the race helps Trump. Even though his primary concern is beating Trump.

civil_discourse
    Spectator

Trump’s win will be bigger this time around. We Trump supporters were taking a chance the first time. This time we will vote according to actual results. He keeps his promises. His doesn’t roll over for the leftist bullies. His base is growing and there is nothing on the Democrat side to excite anyone. “Let’s hate Trump,” “RUSSIA,” and “Impeach” are not winning issues.

edselehr
    Participant

“Trump’s win will be bigger this time around.”

You mean, like, he’ll only lose the popular vote by 2,500,000 this time?

civil_discourse
    Spectator

Who cares about popular vote if that’s not the objective? Trump campaigned to win the electoral vote and he was outgunned by Hillary 4 to 1 in dollars spent. The Trump campaign was smart and targeted their funding and time to strategic states. It wasn’t an accident that they won those states by slim margins.

If he were to campaign in California and New York, maybe he could “win” the popular vote too. But why waste those resources?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Cover blown F&B. You are a total loser.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Look who’s back yet again.

Seek therapy, asshole.

I like logs.

civil_discourse
    Spectator

Thanks for the welcome nosignal, etc. Are you still three people or just one now?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.