Trump supporters slam NPR for Tweeting Declaration of Independence

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump supporters slam NPR for Tweeting Declaration of Independence

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Alfredo_T 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

What could be more patriotic on July 4th than Tweeting the Declaration of Independence? That’s what NPR did.

Trump supporters, it seems, are either too stupid to recognize their country’s founding document – or they just don’t like America that much. Which is it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/05/some-trump-supporters-thought-npr-tweeted-propaganda-it-was-the-declaration-of-independence/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.131888ac4f7f

Langston
    Participant

Both. Things like the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution, and rule of law tend to get in their way.

Vitalogy
    Participant

You just can’t make this stuff up. Just goes to show you these people are a lost cause.

Did NPR tweet this part:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

I would be very impressed if NPR were not too embarrassed to tweet the word “Creator.”

Do you suppose it’s possible that something taken out of context could be misunderstood?

Whatever…I’d rather be among the dumb than among the violent wacked out liberal anti-Trumpsters who break things and try to kill people.

Andrew
    Participant

“Whatever…I’d rather be among the dumb than among the violent wacked out liberal anti-Trumpsters who break things and try to kill people.”

Good for you for admitting you are part of one of these two groups. I am happy to admit I am a member of neither.

Amus
    Participant

I’d rather be among the dumb than among the violent wacked out liberal anti-Trumpsters who break things and try to kill people.

This guy’s more your style;

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

They tweeted out the entire document, you virtual douche.

Many Trump supporters were too fucking stupid to realize what was being tweeted, and instead took it as an attack on Dear Leader.

So, dumb it is. Good for you.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Darren Mills reacting to

In Congress, July 4, 1776.

was much like watching somebody fall for a rather obvious April Fool’s joke.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.