Trump slams Franken, mum on Moore

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Because a democrat who made a mistake with an adult woman and admitted it was wrong is SO MUCH WORSE than abusing underage children. Good gawd, this President is living in an alternate universe.

https://firenewsfeed.com/politics/748505

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Here’s a thought…and I’m not sure I’m alone…

What if we begin to see more male members of congress, from both sides of the isle, hit with sexual harassment allegations that turn out to be true, which turns into numerous resignations, opening the door for a plethora of women who become US Senators and members of Congress. We might actually see Congress work in ways far better than we’ve ever seen.

I can dream, at least.

paulwalker
    Participant

I like your thought, Chris. But we need to first rid ourselves of our commander-in-chief. If he continues on this trajectory he will have little chance in 2020, if he even gets there.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Pussification. Mandatory to manipulate and control the proletariat.
    War of the sexes. Estrogen enjoys telling others what to think and how to act. Testosterone does not enjoy being told by others what to think and how to act.
    True Chivalry died on the fields of Agincourt on St. Crispin’s Day 1415.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Paul, I do agree that Trump is a disaster that many of us saw coming, we just didn’t realize the depth…or maybe we did.

One thing Trump’s presidency has done is brought to the surface what has been boiling for years in this country. Our racists, sexists, pro-white privilege culture.

Fr. Richard Rohr speaks to this white privilege when speaking race, but you could add he’s also speaking out about that same privilege towards women:

“I would have never seen my own white privilege if I had not been forced outside of my dominant white culture by travel, by working in the jail, by hearing stories from counselees, and frankly, by making a complete fool of myself in so many social settings—most of which I had the freedom to avoid! Recognition was slow in coming. I am not only white, but I am male, overeducated, clergy (from cleros, “the separated ones”), a Catholic celibate, mostly healthy, and part of the American empire.

Power never surrenders without a fight. If your entire life has been to live unquestioned in your position of power—a power that was culturally given to you, but you think you earned—there is almost no way you will give it up without major failure, suffering, humiliation, or defeat. As long as we really want to be on top and would take advantage of any privilege or short cut to get us there (what exactly is it that is up there?), we will never experience true “liberty, equality, fraternity” (revolutionary ideals that endure as mottos for France and Haiti).”

Andy Brown
    Participant

The Franken distraction has now been revealed to be just another ploy to divert attention from Moore that was planned and executed by GOP operatives.

https://www.weaponizedpolitics.com/home/2017/11/16/al-frankens-accuser-has-some-very-suspicious-ties

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Funny. I would have thought the same think but for that photo. If Minnesota can elect a schmuck like Franken then Alabama can elect a troglodyte like Moore. Oregon has had Senators who committed sexual terrorism. Robert Packwood for one.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

semoochie
    Participant

How many old movies have you seen where someone inadvertently grabs someone’s breasts through their clothing for comic effect? 50 or even 40 years ago, this would mean absolutely nothing and everyone would think it was funny. Within the last 30 years, that type of behavior has become less and less accepted and even ten years ago, it might still be tolerated. Side issue: The last complaint about President George HW Bush refers to him squeezing a woman’s buttocks. This is pretty standard behavior for someone born at that time and is not intended as sexual but more on the order of “endearing”. How many old men in your extended family do something like this?

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Oh…never. Not until the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction at Superbowl XXXVIII. Wasn’t funny then.
    RU suggesting what is alleged about Judge Moore 30 years ago was OK?.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump should have kept his Twitter mouth shut on this issue.

He’s got a dozen plus women accusing him of the same behavior. Smart money says those claims are 90%+ credible. As are most claims by women in this kind of situation.

At least Franken and Louis CK came out and said sorry. What about Moore and Trump?

And I don’t think anyone here has tried to justify bad behavior. Times change and what was allowed to happen in the past without it being an issue is not the same as today.

semoochie
    Participant

If you’re asking me, I’m just talking about the picture. The rest is suspect, after what we’ve just learned.

Brianl
    Participant

One giant difference is that some Republicans (granted, a minority, but some), are either still approving of Moore, or guilty of silent approval. EG: Donald Trump.

Democrats universally are condemning Sen. Franken’s actions, and Franken himself has apologized, in person. As has Louis C.K.

Bob Packwood was publicly demonized for his actions. As was John Edwards. As they should have been.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Taking back part of what I wrote. The almost cop a feel scene between Harvey Corman and Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles. Now, that is funny. ‘Lili von Shtupp’ is also a laugh. -Ha ha. He’s like putty in my hands-
    Thought the Tweedon revelation timing suspicious. Big L.A. TV sweeps ended two weeks ago. She did accept Alfred’s apology
    Moat firetruckable anchors in L.A. are on KTTV-11.

We got the bubble headed bleach blonde
    Comes on at five
    She can tell you ’bout the plane crash
    With a gleam in her eye
    It’s interesting when people die
    Give us dirty laundry

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.