Trump Jr. "scandal" will have no impact.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump Jr. "scandal" will have no impact.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  LurkingGrendel 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

By Dick Morris:

The latest no substance scandal to preoccupy Washington — the emails of Donald Trump Jr. — is having no impact on his father’s job approval in any of the recent polls.

Rasmussen Reports, the only poll to survey likely voters, has Trump’s job approval at 45% (July 9-11), exactly the same as it has been for the past two months. In fact, Rasmussen’s average rating for Trump job approval has been averaging 45% ever since May.

Nor do any of the other polls — that sample “adults” or “registered voters — show any movement. Trump’s RealClearPolitics.com average job approval has been about the same (low forties) for the past few months. Americans don’t care. Trump’s base of voters is solid and about what it has been since before the election. All the noise and furor and even hot-headed accusations of treason are making no difference in the polls.

This lack of response raises a key question: Will voters come to feel that all the Democrats can talk about is the Russia scandal? Will the impact on the Democrats be akin to the way the Republicans destroyed their own reputations by focusing on Clinton’s relationship with Lewinsky?

In that case, despite years of pounding, Republicans failed to lower the president’s job approval and only erased their own credibility. Things got so bad that with a Democratic president immersed in scandal and about to be impeached, the Republicans lost four seats in the House and made no gains in the Senate in the elections of 1998.

http://www.dickmorris.com/no-impact-trump-jr-nonsense-scandal-no-impact-polls/

Nobody cares except Trump-haters and those hoping to exploit the situation to regain the power they lost. If they want it back they’re going to have to present a positive message.

bookemdono
    Participant

Vitalogy
    Participant

Dick Morris is a Class A douche as well.

bookemdono
    Participant

Curious that Trump Jr. met with the Russian lawyer on June 9 and later that day Trump fire off his very first tween mentioning Hillary’s 30,000 missing emails. Up to that date, he never mentioned it.

Coincidence?

Right.

Andy Brown
    Participant

dream on bacon. drumpf is done. finis. kaput.

A formal article of impeachment has now been filed.

All that’s needed now is for the House Scuzball Speaker to grow a pair.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sherman-impeach-trump-article-obstruction_us_59666d71e4b0a0c6f1e5517f

bacon you are such a turd. Dick Morris quoted twice in the last 10 days. You are grasping at straws because you know it’s over.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Also, your posts have no impact. I guess you’re an expert at expending energy that has no impact. You never did understand even basic physics. High entropy and low enthalpy.

Andy Brown
    Participant

He knew she was Russian, he thought she was from the Russian government and he went to get dirt on Hillary. That’s ILLEGAL!

paulwalker
    Participant

Trump knew about the meeting three weeks ago. Hmm. That makes him a liar, but I guess we always knew that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sources-trump-lawyers-knew-russia-emails-back-june-000320831.html

This will continue to crumble his Presidency. I predict less than one year left for Trump.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  paulwalker.

skeptical
    Participant

Crumble?

I believe the Trump presidency is now just a pile of crumbs waiting to be swept away.

Andrew
    Participant

I wouldn’t get so cocky to assume that the Trump Jr. emails really will have a huge impact on Trump’s presidency. Remember how you felt in the fall of 2016 after the Trump “Grab ’em by the p***y” video was released? Did you ridicule people who said it wouldn’t have a big impact on the election? Hey, I probably would have.

Trump’s presidency may indeed seem pretty paralyzed at the moment, but that doesn’t mean he can’t sign horrible bills from the Republican Congress if they can get their act together. I only hope the Congress continues to stumble – so far, their ineptitude has been a welcome surprise.

duxrule
    Participant

Watch the house of cards collapse as the indictments start coming in. This is clearly actionable information, and subpoenas are going to start flying soon. Once we get to the point where someone could to jail, they’ll start cutting deals and will sing like birds. These people like power and the perks it provides, but they like staying out of prison even more. Self-preservation will kick in, and any “loyalty” to Il Douche’ will evaporate like acetone left out in the hot sun.

radiodork
    Participant

duxrule
    Participant

Does this guy not own any clothes? A sunken chest with spindly body hair does little to assist with the attention span.

edselehr
    Participant

But if you could only see what he looks like in his own mind

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I enjoy the lunatic thought process that apparently believes posting the rantings of a shirtless, conspiracy theorist is somehow a persuasive form of advocacy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.