Trump is privately conceding

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I agree with you Vitalogy.

lastday
    Participant

HOLY CRAP! Even William Barr is saying “No fraud that would change the outcome of the election”

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-elections-william-barr-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr said Tuesday the Justice Department has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

His comments in an interview with The Associated Press come despite President Donald Trump’s repeated baseless claims that the election was stolen, Trump’s effort to subvert the results of the 2020 presidential election and his refusal to concede his loss to President-Elect Joe Biden.

Barr said U.S. attorneys and FBI agents have been working to follow up specific complaints and information they’ve received, but they’ve uncovered no evidence that would change the outcome of the election. Barr was headed to the White House later for a previously scheduled meeting.

“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the AP.

paulwalker
    Participant

Good for him. He probably realizes he doesn’t have to be a lap dog much longer.

Andrew
    Participant

Barr is desperately backpacking, trying to save his reputation, but I think it’s far too late. He’ll be remembered as the outgoing attorney general for two Republican incumbents in a row who were defeated for re-election. He should have quit after the first one.

lastday
    Participant

And here’s some more interesting news regarding bribery for presidential pardons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/doj-investigating-potential-white-house-bribery-pardon-scheme-n1249609

Federal investigators are looking into a potential “bribery-for-pardon” scheme involving presidential pardons, according to federal court documents unsealed by the chief judge for the federal court in Washington.

The heavily redacted documents revealed Tuesday do not name the individuals involved or President Donald Trump. They also do not indicate if any White House officials had knowledge of the scheme.

“No government official was or is currently a subject or target of the investigation disclosed in this filing,” a Justice Department official said.

The documents discuss whether prosecutors can review documents that may have been protected by attorney-client privilege and were seized as a result of a search warrant.

The opinion, entered by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell on Aug. 28, is tied to an ongoing investigation that may involve at least two individuals who “acted as lobbyists to senior White House officials, without complying with the registration requirement of the Lobbying Disclosure Act … to secure ‘a pardon or reprieve of sentence for'” one individual whose name is redacted.

edselehr
    Participant

Trump Pardons are bound to sell better than Trump Steaks did.

paulwalker
    Participant

I have fallen off my “Trump diet”. The real reason for him not conceding is outlined here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/12/01/trump-is-an-expert-making-money-off-losing-now-hes-doing-it-again/

Here is the key paragraph:

“Trump claims to be an expert on winning. His actual area of expertise is how to profit from losing. He survived the bankruptcy of six of his businesses, and he will survive the moral bankruptcy of his presidency. He has now figured out how to monetize assaults on our democracy. He will keep going at least until 2024, and then either regain the Republican nomination for himself or hand it off to a favored sycophant.”

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

A professional loser.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

What dismays me is that if there hadn’t been a pandemic for him to mismanage, he probably would have been reelected.

semoochie
    Participant

Lincoln was right: You can fool some of the people ALL of the time. I just don’t think he realized how many that could be!

Mitch McConnell congratulated Biden! This should open the floodgates for most of the remaining Republican congressmen to follow. Trump can continue the fight but he’ll be all alone.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“he’ll be all alone.”

He still controls the hard core base. Don’t be surprised when he, as he did as POTUS, foments violence and wrongdoing as an ex-president.

He’s a crime boss and the drumpf family is a syndicate. When he’s not in court being deposed he’ll be on the conservative media machine continuing to spread lies and hate, raising money for the “fight” to get the country back, telling the lepers he’s going to run all the while putting that money in his pocket.

In the end he won’t run because he could never put himself through losing again. Mary Trump has said as much.

Barr was forced out because he probably refused to be involved in creating a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden, because there is nothing to base it on but lies. The next TIL (toady in line) will probably do it in a flash, and that will survive the transition in power. In other words, drumpfilthinskin wants to weigh the Biden administration down right out of the gate. A lot rides on who gets the Senate majority, but if I’m not mistaken, Biden’s Attorney General can make it go away but it will still feed the drumpf furnace and help him amplify his rhetoric and raise money.

semoochie
    Participant

By “alone”, I meant that he won’t have the support of congress on January 6th or thereafter. They’ll fall in line behind McConnell.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by semoochie.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.