Trump is dangerous in last 30 days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/trump-losing-his-mind/617446/

This man is dangerous in his last 30 days. He could cause major damage to our country, and those who voted for him should be shamed. That is how I feel. Good God, why this man was ever elected President is beyond me. Thank God, we have hope on January 20th, 2021.

Andrew
    Participant

Every Republican in the Senate has his back: all but Romney voted not to convict him. They all knew he was capable of doing all of this kind of BS. As far as I’m concerned, every corrupt Trump pardon has not just his signature but all of those Republican Senators’ signatures on it.

They could in theory STILL remove him; one call from McConnell to Pelosi saying, “Why not impeach him now?” and he’d be gone in a couple of days and negate any more pardons etc. But that’s obviously not going to happen…

Andy Brown
    Participant

So what are the Republicans going to do now? If they have his back, they’ll swallow the pill and raise the stimulus payments. If that’s unlikely, what becomes of the GOP to drumpf relationship? Will drumpf veto the stimulus bill and if so, what will the GOP do? Overide his veto? That’s not having his back, either. I think drumpf just put the Republicans in a lose lose situation although drumpf could just not sign the bill but not veto it, it becomes law and he can whine about it but his grip on the spineless brainless clueless morally vacuous GOP remains in place.Then there’s the defense bill, another one he could veto or not sign and allow to become law and then complain about it.

30 days (left) in the hole

Andy Brown
    Participant

Furious to the point of madness because everywhere he looks he sees everything pointing to himself and labeled loser! Failure!

Andrew
    Participant

Senate Republicans really didn’t want a lot of the things in the compromise Covid bill – they felt political pressure to go along. (McConnell wants to win those two GA senate seats in January.) Why else would they have waited until the last minute to pass this bill that the Democratic House passed over the summer??

So in a sense, Trump could save them some grief: he can be the bad guy and kill the Covid bill and Senate Republicans can say, “Hey, we tried…” If Trump simply ignores the bill and lets it lapse without vetoing it or signing it, it becomes a “pocket veto.” This would happen ten days after passage…past the end of this Congress, meaning the bill would be dead and have to be passed all over again by the next Congress.

semoochie
    Participant

If you’re referring to the Cares Act, the House passed it last May. The bill just passed is veto proof. Doesn’t that mean that it doesn’t matter what Trump does?

radiogeek
    Participant

Nope. The house passed the 2.x trillion version of this latest bill over the summer and sent it to the senate to die in McConJob indifference. Andrew is correct that if Congress goes home (ends the session) THEN Drumpf pocket vetos … the bill is dead. For there to be a veto override Trump has to actually actively veto the bill while Congress is still in session, then they have to re-convene and vote to override.

Interesting spin from Andy about perhaps the GOP would not choose to override. God help us all.

Ed

Andy Brown
    Participant

24 more days.

lastday
    Participant

As Bernie said this morning on one of the Sunday news shows, Trump should sign the damn bill and then Congress can pass a new bill to send a 2nd check for $1400 within days if that’s all the bill does. If they insist on packing it with pork, it will of course take months.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Well, this evening he signed the damn bill.

radiogeek
    Participant

22 Days

Andy Brown
    Participant

Totally delusional and the recording of his phone call to Georgia Sec. of State Raffensperger adds to the plethora of evidence proving it not to mention that it is another impeachable offense.

17 days to go.

After Congress certifies the election results, what will he do???

Andrew
    Participant

That phone call is such a shock and a surprise…ha ha, no! Not a surprise at all. Nothing shocks me anymore about him. But I am surprised he still hasn’t accepted that he lost, even if he is angry and bitter about it.

I can’t imagine he’ll attend the inauguration. I’m wondering what moving out of the White House will be like. Perhaps he and Melania don’t really have much of their stuff there so moving out won’t be hard or take long. The fumigation after the Trumps leave will probably slow down things the most so the place is safe to inhabit again…

edselehr
    Participant

Seems clear to everyone (except maybe Donald) that Trump has held his last elected office, so it’s entertaining to see so many GOP president wannabees jockeying for his voters. Hawley thought he would lead the charge, but Cruz is starting to steal his spotlight. I wonder how many more lemmings are going to follow him them over the cliff?

Andrew
    Participant

Hard to know. Depends what happens in court, honestly. Will Trump be indicted in New York? Will he pardon himself then be charged with a federal crime and have that pardon challenged in court and lose?

It could be once he is out of office Trump will lose his luster quickly. But given how incredibly close the November election was, Democrats really shouldn’t sit on their laurels here. Biden may not run again, and Trump might – and who knows what state the country will be in in four years. It’s hard to think the country would be a lot better off with Ted Cruz sitting in the White House than it was with Trump – and it’s not hard to imagine him winning the electoral college in 2024.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.