Trump has Covid-19

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

That’s correct Lastday. In fact, they’re saying the next 48 hours are critical, as we would expect.

Interestingly, Trump asked on the way to Walter Reed if he was dying. That’s not what someone who barely has any symptoms would ask.

Pretty scary situation for anyone. I don’t wish to be there.

lastday
    Participant

I can tell you from personal experience that if you’re having breathing problems, it’s very scary. That combined with physical exhaustion is not a good combination.

Then add in C-19. Very worrisome.

Andrew
    Participant

A doctor on MSNBC said last night that after he got to Walter Reed and spoke on video, he sounded pretty good and looked good – able to speak, not out of breath, etc. Maybe he’s really fine other than mild symptoms and all of the hub-ub is out of an over-overabundance of caution given he is in the high risk group with his age and health condition.

In any event, to quote Trump: it is what it is. We’ll know in a week or two how he’s been doing. I don’t see much point in worrying about him too much, any more than he has worried about the 210,000+ Americans who died and their families. Let’s talk about the stock market as he did so often when asked about Covid.

lastday
    Participant

A look at the history of presidents lying about their health.

https://apnews.com/d20364b00e23dfad474fe0e9288fce83

People routinely pull themselves together for short periods to conceal issues. This even happens with patients talking to their doctors and not telling the whole story. I’m fine, just need a day off.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

All I know is that the next two or three months are going to be very interesting.

It seems to me that we’re sitting on a powder keg. At some point along the way, the economy is going to say enough is enough.

I wonder what our world is going to look like in 3 or 4 years. Some are projecting half the restaurants will not reopen. Lot’s of people are getting accustomed to ordering things on line. It was going that way anyway, but now it’s got a real head of steam up.

Who ever is elected POTUS is going to have their hands full. And, we’re going to need to have Congress get off this extremism thingy they’ve been on and start working together on some survival solutions.

paulwalker
    Participant

I agree Deane. Our economy has been propped up due to various stimulus packages. Those now are mostly gone. The next 1-2 years are going to be painful economically. The stock market will eventually catch up and it won’t be pretty. Also agree whoever is in office will inherit a shit storm.

edselehr
    Participant

Remember that the entire world is struggling economically with COVID, so in the short term it’s less about the economy bouncing back and more about which governments can keep their economies propped up through stimulus, and address COVID most effectively. As of right now, I think new Zealand might be in the lead.

semoochie
    Participant

Do you think Pence would lead us into a monarchy if Trump sets it up?

Deane Johnson
    Participant

There’s no end to the B.S. we continue to get. Today (Sunday) everything was supposedly still going well and he might even be sent back to the White House tomorrow.

Now, we get a more serious story, and it’s still the same day as when the was supposedly doing well.

“President Trump, hospitalized with COVID-19, received supplemental oxygen on Saturday — a previously undisclosed episode — and is now being treated with a powerful steroid amid indications that his lungs may have suffered some damage, the White House physician said Sunday.”

And if you’re not completely snowed by the B.S. yet, it’s now reported the photo-op document signing that was posted was actually a blank sheet of paper.

Trump and his staff may think this approach is benefiting him, but I think it’s going to have just the opposite affect.

lastday
    Participant

Well, keep in mind that Trump surrounds himself with only the best and the brightest.

bookemdono
    Participant

Yet with his little scenic trip around the block today he once again proved his need for applause far outweighs any common sense or understanding of the seriousness of COVID.

lastday
    Participant

That trip around the block was classic Trump. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wanted to make a strong visual statement that he’s not incapacitated. Just highly contagious.

edselehr
    Participant

“Do you think Pence would lead us into a monarchy if Trump sets it up?”

Theocracy, probably.

lastday
    Participant

Press Secretary and surrogate liar for POTUS Kayleigh McEnany: Come on down!

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Lastday, you’ve got to admit, she’s one of the best liars the administration has to offer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.