Trump has Covid-19

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

There will be more.

I think this is the final nail in the coffin. No pun intended. I want him to witness the results of the election.

Think about this. Trump criticized Biden for wearing a mask in Tuesday’s debate. While he was most likely spreading Covid to others at the same time.

The fact that Trump can’t maintain his own safety as the most protected person in earth is pathetic.

paulwalker
    Participant

Trump will not give up despite his hospitalization. However, again, how this may effect the election is not known now.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by paulwalker.
    Vitalogy
    Participant

I don’t want him to die or resign. I want him to witness a resounding defeat in the election. After that, I couldn’t care less about him as a human.

Andrew
    Participant

It’s hard to see how getting Covid helps Trump now. His central campaign theme (other than trashing Biden) has recently been: Covid is over, go back to normal, nothing to see here, let’s talk about all of the left-wing thugs in Portland! But now that Trump and most of the people who work/worked for him are all coming down with Covid, plus with cases starting to rise again nationally, Trump’s inept mismanagement of the national response to Covid is brought right back into focus and will clearly be the #1 issue on voters’ minds through election day. (People are already voting FYI.) Jesus, if the President, with all of his precautions and daily tests can get Covid, who is really safe??? Be afraid, people, be very afraid!!

I don’t see how that translates into more people voting for him. Out of sympathy? Fat chance. People will think about themselves first. How about we elect a president who believes in wearing a fucking mask at least?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Agreed.

paulwalker
    Participant

My sympathy argument was to his base. So really doesn’t change anything. His base will stand behind him regardless, and probably will blame dems for his illness.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by paulwalker.
    edselehr
    Participant
    Andrew
    Participant

Paul, his base is mostly irrelevant and always has been – they are going to vote for Trump anyway, even if he dies. It’s the voters on the margins – the independent swing voters, the suburban moms, the “soft” voters who may or may not care enough to vote at all, who will decide the election. If they are freaked out about Covid and Trump’s inept response to it – as underscored by he and his entire White House Staff coming down with it right after he said we’d “turned the corner” – they’re probably not going to vote for Trump out of sympathy.

Andrew
    Participant

Chris Christie, come on down!

Ron Johnson, come on down!

edselehr
    Participant

Seems Republicans in the Senate Judiciary Committee are succumbing to COVID at an (un)healthy rate. If Lee and Tillis cannot attend the confirmation hearings for Barrett (scheduled to start Oct. 12), will McConnell simply replace them to keep the GOP majority on the committee intact? Or can those members vote remotely?

Andrew
    Participant

McConnell will do whatever he needs to do to get the confirmation through the Senate.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

We are getting the usual B.S. on the condition of the POTUS. He was alledged to be doing well and improving, but he’s now on oxygen.

Typically with Covid, there’s no way to predict how he’s going to do with this. He could indeed be improved in several days, or he could end up on a ventilator, and worse. It’s not over until it’s over.

lastday
    Participant

There are definitely conflicting reports on what’s going on. The usual BS when a president has a serious medical condition. Just tell us for crying out loud.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I should clarify my post above. It appears they’re stating that he was put on oxygen at the White House, but has not been given it at the hospital yet.

Apparently the White House staff instructed that it not be released that he had oxygen before be transported to Walter Reed.

lastday
    Participant

There are multiple reports that his vitals are not normal, despite what the doctors said today (or what they were told to say).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.