Trump for 60 Minutes last night

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Thanks to the best invention of the past couple of decades, the DVR, I was able to watch the Donald on for the full 60 minutes this afternoon. (Football was the better choice live last night…Go Hawks!)

I thought he performed quite well on this program. I still detest his campaign, and I still don’t like him, but if he can handle himself as President like he presents himself here then I am somewhat less concerned. Note that I say “somewhat less concerned”. Important.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I’m (no kidding) glad you can even be somewhat less concerned.

I haven’t gotten that far, yet. Many of the people he’s surrounding himself with are highly alarming. It’s not helping. LOL.

skeptical
    Participant

I do hope he continues to tweet. This way we will have a heads up when he launches the missiles.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Sadly that wouldn’t help.

I’m not going to turn into a survivalist nut and dig a hole in the ground, but I’m more concerned about a nuclear exchange occurring under a Trump presidency than at any time since I was a kid, having nightmares, after watching “The Day After” on ABC when Reagan was in office.

missing_kskd
    Participant

>Many of the people he’s surrounding himself with are highly alarming. It’s not helping.

NOT. AT. ALL. :/

I continue to harbor very grave concerns. We are seeing some fairly raw Trump right now.

Once he’s had the sit down, and we see where the GOP resonates, a better assessment will be possible.

My expectation is they will rub off a lot of the sharp edges.

My curiosity is where Trump pushes back, if he does.

Andy Brown
    Participant

That drumpf would even consider Bannon for a West Wing post is unconscionable and alarming. He’s an evil motherfucker of the first order, just google him. Along with Pence, a son of Satan, their agenda is not really on the same track as drumpf. There is already much friction in the drumpf transition being reported by multiple sources.

Langston
    Participant

The thing that scares me most about Trump is his political incompetence. We are reminded every day that he has never held political office.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Delete the word “political” and you may be scarily closer to the mark.

No experience is better than bad experience.

But he’s surrounding himself with with the cream of the crop and it will only get better. I feel like the adults are back in control.

Andrew
    Participant

Wrong.

skeptical
    Participant

No military people want to work with General Flynn. A supposed A-hole of some sort.

Andy Brown
    Participant

But we know how easily you are taken in when you hear what you want to hear. Bann on is unacceptable to both Parties and probably will be making an early exit. Christie is already gone thanks to Jared. No, Vernon, these picks are far from the cream of the crop. They are a who’s who of old washed up has beens, middle aged power hungry wannabes and evil creeps like Bannon.

Langston
    Participant

He did not expect to win and now he is in way over his head. He knows it. We know it. Going to be bumpy ride.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I genuinely can’t decide if Pope Bacon is just extraordinarily credulous and ignorant; which of course is not the same thing as lacking intelligence or being able to formulate a complex sentence.

Or, is he truly off the reservation over the moon, so far to the alt right that when he’s stating things that by any objective measure are patently lunatic with complete confidence, from his perspective they seem perfectly reasonable.

Or, he’s a will full troll. Whom routinely posts with the central purpose of trying to be as offensive as possible with the explicit goal of antagonizing as many people as possible in the process. That’s petty, small minded, and vindictive, but it seems to fall into character.

If oftentimes seems like a grotesque mix of all three. As he’s also a proven liar, hypocrite, and coward, we’re unlikely to ever learn the truth.

The statement, “But he’s surrounding himself with the cream of the crop and it will only get better. I feel like the adults are back in control” is a perfect example.

That sentiment is factually unsupportable. Not to belabor the point, but “the cream of the crop” is (to date) nowhere to be found anywhere within the team that is beginning to coalesce around the President elect. And has been widely reported, the transition itself is already devolving into an Apprentice-like boardroom brawl that has been marked by chaos and uncertainty. There’s also been widespread reporting that many of the actual “best”, many of whom are Republicans, want nothing at all to do with working in a Trump administration as the President elect seems to prize loyalty over competence.

That’s what’s actually going on.

There are sober minded conservative/Republican intellectuals and professionals whom are every bit as alarmed by what’s occurring as many others are. It’s not a partisan issue to want the President of the United States to truly and actually surround by the best and the brightest regardless of their political affiliation.

Donald Trump is setting himself up to fail. Contrary to what Pope Bacon of Troll Ville and the vapid minded may think, I’m not rooting for that. I would *love* to be wrong about my concerns. So far, Donald Trump is not doing a thing to allay them for myself and the majority of American citizens whom did not vote for him. If he intends to truly lead, and be a President for all the people, he’s not off to a promising start.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.