Trump Dossier

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Has anyone here actually read through this entire report?

There is just no way at all that Russia and the Trump campaign didn’t collude. It would be impossible for even the best fiction novelist to write this.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/these-reports-allege-trump-has-deep-ties-to-russia?utm_term=.fc162V7z8#.nyo560yNW

Andrew
    Participant

But was a serious law broken – more than something that would merit just a stiff fine? Something where people could go to jail if prosecuted and convicted? If not, who cares at this point?

And even if a few members of his campaign are prosecuted (wouldn’t surprise me), would that affect Trump himself at all?

Unless it comes down to Trump himself breaking a law due to direct involvement, perhaps an impeachable offense, it really doesn’t matter. A few people get convicted and go to jail and Trump stays in office.

Vitalogy
    Participant

We will see what Mueller puts together.

I think you’ll be proven wrong though. Russia and Trump had connections. Flynn, Manafort, Page…

Whether those connection can bring him down is the only debate at this point.

edselehr
    Participant

The speed at which the GOP Jenga tower is coming apart is startling.

This will never be about laws being broken, at least not directly.

Trump’s “brand” is still being propped up by his base, and by spineless, party-over-country Republicans. Once his brand starts to collapse, Trump will leave of his own accord.

In any case, I can’t see him making it beyond 2020, and his post-2018 life will certainly be interesting if still in office.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Nice try. Try again.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Former FBI Director and now Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller and his Democrat team of lawyers are too busy with former Trump campaign advisor Paul Manafort [Ukraine], The Podesta Group CEO Tony and brother John who was the Clinton Campaign Chairman [Fusion360], Clinton campaign / Democratic National Committee [‘dossier’ scandal] and Secretay of State Clinton [Uranium One] Pay to Play with tens of millions of dollars paid to the Clinton Foundation.
    Then FBI Director Mueller approved the sale.
    This is better than a Clive Cussler spy novel. Classic magician’s trick of misdirection so you don’t see what he/she/it is really doing. Russians have been messing around with American presidential elections since Harding/Cox/Debs. Establishment media and Democrat politicians have been running up and down hallways with their heads on fire about Trump when Russia Gate blows up in their faces.
    I would suspect this tread’s author is a member of a Russian Web Brigade for pay. But, like Lee Oswald, I don’t think the Russians would have him.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Nice try. Try again.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

An articulate and intelligent argument.
    What the Clinton Foundation did for/to Haiti trust the WaPost;
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/13/did-the-clinton-foundation-raise-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-for-a-hospital-in-haiti-that-was-never-built/?utm_term=.f4772f3761d5
    “…The Clinton family’s charitable work in Haiti has been a mix of success, disappointment and controversy. As our Washington Post colleagues reported, some Clinton-backed projects didn’t come through, such as a $2 million housing expo for thousands of new housing units. The Government Accountability Office found poor planning and unsustainable outcomes for taxpayer-funded projects through USAID, such as a $170 million power plant and port for the Caracol Industrial Park, which the Clinton Foundation promoted.

Hillary Clinton’s younger brother had connections to a mining project in Haiti, raising suspicions among Haitians about the Clintons’ motives. Luxury hotel projects paid by the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund promised construction jobs — but for Haitians, it represented another disconnect between Clinton-backed efforts and the realities of one of the poorest countries struggling to rebuild after one of the worst humanitarian disasters in the Western Hemisphere.

There’s real frustration among Haitians over failures in progress promised to them, In 2015, Haitian activists protested outside the Clinton Foundation in New York, claiming the Clintons mismanaged hundreds of millions in taxpayer money through the Interim Haiti Reconstruction Commission. …”

Donald Trump was right on one thing. Hillary Clinton belongs in jail.
    Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Hillary won’t be going to jail. But, people very close to Trump will!

First charges have been filed, and I’m sure there’s more coming.

Andrew
    Participant

Dang, it’s a good thing Republicans don’t control the executive branch and the FBI – or all of those “Democrat lawyers” over there would be history.

Now hang on a moment…

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Hey Andrew!
    I will make this as simple as possible so you can understand.
    In social democracies, progressives may appoint progressives to investigate progressives. Reactionaries must appoint progressives to investigate reactionaries.
    Double standard. Doesn’t seem fair but you wouldn’t want it any other way.
    Peace! I’m out! [mike drop]

Andy Brown
    Participant

drumpf is turning out to be the winner of the WPE contest. Everything else is secondary.

Andrew
    Participant

cbaravelli, anyone with any common sense can see that the FBI is controlled by the Republicans, who control the executive branch. No “Democrat team of lawyers” is running things over there.

The reason Trump can’t easily fire Mueller and his investigators is because of Republicans in Congress, not Democrats. Trump needs to keep Republicans from revolting against him completely; he’s already on thin ice, and his low approval ratings make his situation even more precarious. Trump would have fired Mueller long ago if he thought he could have gotten away with it; fortunately for the country, there are still a few Republicans in power with some sense of law and order, not just pure partisanship.

But I wouldn’t expect anyone brainwashed by right-wing radio to understand this stuff. It’s like their brains have been eaten away. I’d have better luck reasoning with my cat.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Hey Andrew!
    Now I am confused. Yes, the Executive does control FBI executive positions such as director, assistants, etc. Current FBI Director is Jefferson Davis Sessions But we are discussing Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller and his team. President ain’t got no say about that. Recall Sessions recused himself, appointed former [Obama/Trump] Deputy FBI Director James Weinstein who appointed Mueller.
    Where does the FBI come in? Mis-direction. Maybe I should ask your cat.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Correction: Jeff Sessions is the Justice Department head honcho. My bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.