Trump demands apology from actors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Trump demands an apology from the cast of a Broadway play for booing his VP.

This is an example of his hair-trigger temper and his obsession with things that don’t matter. This character flaw is dangerous for any POTUS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-demands-apology-from-hamilton-cast-after-mike-pence-booed/ar-AAku2i4

I don’t think it had anything to do with temper. He was just giving some actors who don’t know their place a spanking they deserved. It’s not very classy to preach to the VP elect who went out of his way to see their performance. He didn’t go there to be lectured. He should have been able to enjoy the performance like everyone else without being harassed.

It was very inappropriate to put the VP on the spot, especially since he was unable to take part in the “conversation” the actor later claimed it to be.

I love that Trump tweets and that he speaks his mind. We get news directly from the president without it being filtered by the liberal media.

Langston
    Participant

Too bad Pence cannot speak for himself.

paulwalker
    Participant

This isn’t about VP-elect Pence, nor is it about the cast of “Hamilton”. It is about how the next President-elect reacts. He can’t seem to learn that one in his position needs to be above the fray.

Langston
    Participant

The question that should be asked: Is this country ready for an angry white man as president?

edselehr
    Participant

What’s with that “Putting them in their place” crap, Bacon? The president and vice-president work for us, not the other way around. The cast was presenting to an audience, and that night the audience had a particular person that they felt warranted a particular presentation. No one forced Pence to attend. And though out of the ordinary, their message was not disrepectful. In fact, the First Amendment says the people have the right to petition (complain to) the government for a redress of grievances.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Ignore bacon. He is diseased. Also, addressing bacon’s ‘points’ within his posts is a waste of time as he will not redress your follow ups. Besides, most of what he says is right out of the daily right wing talking points on td’s twitter feed and/or the usual con web sites.

Vitalogy
    Participant

“Putting them in their place”.

This is what assfuckers like Pope Bigot want. If you’re not white, male, and Christian, you need to step back and accept your place as a second class citizen.

Kudos for Americans exercising their first amendment rights and a huge fail for President Elect Chump to be drawn into another social media war.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

It’s fascinating how anything, literally anything, Donald J Trump does or says is perfectly acceptable to his supporters.

The proper response to this, even if you happen to generally support the President elect, would be to acknowledge that his actions are (at the least) very unseemly for someone whom is about to become The President of the United States.

I mean, really. Is that so difficult to acknowledge? Can you imagine Barak Obama or George W Bush behaving like that? I can’t.

Lashing out at critics on social media is something I expect from a thin skinned teenager; not the soon to be leader of the free world. Asking our elected officials behave in an appropriate and adult manner commensurate with the seriousness of the office they hold really shouldn’t be a partisan issue.

Of course had this been from Hillary Clinton (or any Democrat for that matter) the right would be having an apoplectic fit. It’s pure hypocrisy. This continuing failure by some to find fault or admit error of any kind, even when it’s patently obvious, is disturbing.

I have news for Pope Bacon and the likeminded: This kind of thing is dangerous. Dangerous for you, for me, and for the country as a whole.

Putting aside for a moment that Presidents elect Trump complexly mischaracterized, lied would be a better word, about what occurred at the performance of “Hamilton” attended by VP elected Pence. There’s a bigger issue.

Donald Trump is a billionaire, which already equates to tremendous power and influence, whom is about to have the power and authority of the U.S. government backing him up as well. He’s long used a bully pulpit to quell both criticism and dissent. He’s continuing to attack the role of the free press in our system; conflating ideologically (and friendly) sourced opinion and objective (and sometimes critical) fact onto the same level. He’s openly hostile to members of the free press and has spoken many times about how he’d like to find ways to muzzle them. Or, at the very least, create an environment where the level of hassle he can cause begins to outweigh the benefits of trying to objectively report the facts of a story that may prove critical to him. That kind of icing is openly hostile to our first amendment protections and the necessary role of an open and unfettered press.

Bacon’s typical and troll like response typifies this. The “media”, mainstream or otherwise, reported the facts of this story. Yet, most Donald Trump supporters refuse to acknowledge them.

I find it both sad and alarming.

“No one forced Pence to attend. And though out of the ordinary, their message was not disrepectful. In fact, the First Amendment says the people have the right to petition (complain to) the government for a redress of grievances.”

Mike Pence doesn’t have the right to attend a play with his family without a liberal backlash from the cast? He was a captive audience. The actor defended himself by calling it a “conversation” which it was not, since he had the mic and Pence had to endure his little lecture.

To his credit, Pence was gracious and classy, unlike the cast and those who booed him.

I can’t imagine Bush or Obama having reacted as Trump did. Bush allowed the liberal media to walk all over him and Obama or Biden would not have been dressed down by liberal performers who have the hubris to use the stage as their political pulpit.

Kudos to Trump for being himself and not being shaped by hand-wringers who think they can dictate what it means to be “presidential.”

Jeanine Pirro says it better than I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yrpmzM5NLI

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump is a thin-skinned bully. If he can’t handle the criticism, he should just resign now. It’s not going to go away.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Bacon’s diatribes are getting ridiculously funny.

Meanwhile the candidate who was going to defeat ISIS is currently at war with Saturday Night Live and a Broadway musical. What a putz. A true schmendrick.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

If Donald Trump is looking to show all Americans, not just the minority who voted for him, that he’s going to be a President to inspire trust and leadership he’s not off to a promising start.

The Presidency should not be a platform utilized to punch down or bully those whom criticize you.

paulwalker
    Participant

Indeed Trump is The dictionary example of being thin skinned. OK so some humans exhibit this behavior, but presidents of the United States can’t be that. Pure and simple.

jr_tech
    Participant

Thin skinned and Thick headed, hardly a desirable combination for a person that will have the nuclear codes. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.