Trump deems re-election more important than…

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump deems re-election more important than…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Public health. Who could honestly vote for this tyrant?

lastday
    Participant

I haven’t read it yet, but yes, that sounds like words that be would have spewed from his mouth, or possibly spewed from the mouth of one of his staunchest enablers.

Andrew
    Participant

There seem to be a number of people of the opinion that “we all just need to catch the virus, and if a few people die, so be it.”

There are others who think Covid is some kind of conspiracy – from 5G towers or a media hoax or whatever.

Still others simply don’t believe in science. They are still convinced Covid is just like the flu. And it’s not the role of the Federal Government to interfere.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of such people in America, and tens of millions of them will vote for Trump in November.

edselehr
    Participant

The last four years has been a heckuva stress test for the U.S. Constitution, and for constitutional democracies in general. Remember folks, the American Experiment has never stopped, and will likely never stop.

Andy Brown
    Participant

We’ve almost made it to the last days of Drumpfus of Queens. Many of my old friends from the New Yawk area predicted that a country led by this known criminal and immoral charlatan would be a disaster for these United States.

They were correct.

Here we are.

First we have to get rid of him. It may not be as simple as rejecting him in the election (almost a certainty). It’s not going to be be that easy. He’s not going to his bunker and putting a .45 to his head and he’s not going to be a loser.

However, his greatest opponent is beating him badly. No, not Joe. Covid-19. It’s shrinking his base, turning Faux news against him and really revealing just what a snake oil pitchman the orange cheeto is. Mr. Noscience and his lemmings.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Brazil’s president tested positive today. Is Trump next up?

Better yet, has Trump already had it? We would never know since there’s 0% transparency these days.

semoochie
    Participant

The Brazilian President has a bit of a mouth on himself as well. He referred to a particular woman as “too ugly to rape”!

Brianl
    Participant

Edselehr –

I am truly afraid that if somehow Trump is re-elected in November, our American Experiment will cease. We will not survive four more years of him.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Re-election is not going to happen. Getting rid of him might be a different story, though.

drumpf is already putting the story together through which he plans to contest his huge loss to Joe Biden, portraying a huge Chinese plot to defeat him.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/07/07/trump_china_is_involved_in_this_election_143648.html

semoochie
    Participant

What if he closes the post office?

radiogeek
    Participant

The Post Office is a quasi independent agency. The Postmaster General is no longer a Cabinet member and is appointed by a board of governors, who are appointed by the President with confirmation by the Senate.

So … Trump doesn’t have the authority to close the Post Office or fire the Postmaster General, the first is unconstitutional and the second is not his direct power.

Of course, with McConjob running the Senate there are no boundaries on unconstitutional behavior anymore.

Let Dirty Donald try to close the Post Office. The folks in rural communities depend on the post more than we do in cities. Lawsuits and court orders would stop such an executive order in hours. This would hurt his chances of re-election even more. The swing voters are starting to realize this asshole don’t have a clue.

Ed

semoochie
    Participant

…but doesn’t the post office need to be bailed out in a couple of months, to avoid going under?

lastday
    Participant

…but doesn’t the post office need to be bailed out in a couple of months, to avoid going under?

Yes. USPS is predicted to run out of operating cash around Sept. 1st. They’ve requested something like $2B in emergency funding to keep afloat. I believe Trump has the power to veto that (someone correct me if I’m wrong). And Trump HATES USPS because he’s convinced they don’t charge Amazon enough to cover their actual costs.

(to Trump, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, and the Washington Post are one and the same)

radiogeek
    Participant

The Post Office would be financially just fine if Congress would take away the poison pill rule they imposed about pre-funding retirement pay for decades in advance.

Fix the stupid retirement funding rule, fix the problem. But try to get his govt to do anything logical …

Ed

semoochie
    Participant

My point remains the same, even though I haven’t actually said it: Could Trump intentionally put the post office out of business by refusing to fund them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.