Trump changes tone for political reasons only

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump changes tone for political reasons only

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

There is no doubt about it, Trump has changed his tone on several issues recently, but anyone with an IQ over 80 will understand that this is only due to his low rating in the polls, and his desire to get re-elected. These changes are just political and do not represent his real views. What a political virus this man has become.

https://www.ft.com/content/bb58a24a-c22f-44a4-89a7-61d5385c8728

Oh sorry paywall there.

But I think you get my gist. Let’s try this one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/29/trump-campaign-has-new-effort-rebut-his-lousy-poll-numbers-its-not-good/

This known liar is certainly going to lie again if it helps him politically. He will tell us anything if it helps his re-election. Most of us can see right through this, but my worry is some of the stupid folk who voted for him 4 years ago will believe him.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I’m beginning to believe that Trump truly doesn’t get it. According to this news story from The Hill he’s questioning why Fauci gets high approval ratings and he (Trump) doesn’t. I cringe at the stupid statements Trump has made, and he doesn’t catch on.

From The Hill –
    President Trump on Tuesday questioned why Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious diseases expert, has a higher approval rating with the public than he does on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

“It’s interesting. He’s got a very good approval rating, and I like that. It’s good,” Trump said during a press briefing at the White House. “Because, remember, he’s working for this administration. He’s working with us. We could’ve gotten other people. We could’ve gotten somebody else. It didn’t have to be Dr. Fauci. He’s working with our administration, and for the most part, we’ve done pretty much what he and others … recommended.”

“He’s got this high approval rating, so why don’t I have a high approval rating … with respect to the virus?” Trump wondered aloud.

The president cited the administration’s increased production of masks, gowns, ventilators and other equipment after hospitals and state leaders warned in the early weeks of the pandemic that they were lacking those critical supplies. Trump also highlighted the sheer volume of testing the U.S. has performed, another area where the administration was slow to ramp up.

“It sort of is curious,” Trump said. “A man works for us, with us, very closely, Dr. Fauci and Dr. [Deborah] Birx, also highly thought of, and yet they’re highly thought of, but nobody likes me. It can only be my personality. That’s all.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/509464-trump-questions-how-fauci-has-a-high-approval-rating-but-nobody-likes

edselehr
    Participant

Deane, it sounds like you are a solid Never Trumper at this point. Now, tactically, are you ready to vote Biden to assure a solid Trump loss? I think you’ll agree we need to get back to some kind of normalcy, and Biden can provide that. Then we can have some intelligent discussions about the best direction to take when 2024 rolls around.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

edselehr, it depends a lot on the VP choice. I have to consider seriously that Briden could fail to finish his term in office and the VP could become Potus.

If he chooses an acceptable person that is one consideration, if he goes for a token for votes, that’s something else.

Harris from California is almost a certain vote for Trump, Susan Rice is close to acceptable. The previous candidate from Hawaii would be very good, as would Klobuchar who fell out of consideration over her work back as AG and lack of prosecution of thug cops.

My vote is pretty much symbolic as my state is solid Trump no matter what.

edselehr
    Participant

Interesting…Susan Rice is apparently the bogey(wo)man of the right, with Harris not much better in their eyes. Interesting that you see Rice as “close to acceptable” (maybe because she is a more beatable candidate against a Republican? <smile>)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.